Curious

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Jack of Shadows, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Why don't we have teleport rings and invis items? I think adding these in would be a boon to the lockpickers, and they are fun/handy to have. I didn't put in stat mod items and reflect items on purpose because of pvp aspects I have no clue that would be affected
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Invis/tele items seriously change PvP, tele items can be the most powerful tool for escape/killing if used well.

I believe Telamon has plans in the works for lockpicking which include new level chests with Rares/bosses. Personally I love the current system where magic jewelry/clothing is non existent.
  3. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Invis/teleport is what a pk used to murder us bard noobs on that crap shard, no thanks... but then again I would just do the same thing and play hide and seek instead of racing, i mean pvp.
  4. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is something we have discussed internally for a while however no decision has ever been made. The items were removed early on in the UOR implementation but items existed from T2A for quite a while. The reason they were removed seemed to be related to the changes in the beneficial spells invalidating the purpose of several of the items.

The code currently doesn't exist by default for these items so they would have to be scripted from scratch as well.

That said shadowjack does have a point and we do have a variety of plants for the lock picker class going forward. I can't say if we will ever see these items on UOR, however we do understand the need to add a similar mechanic to the items obtained from dungeon chests.

One of the mechanics currently in development is a quest based lock picking challenge for the rouge class. Culminating at a level 5 dungeon chest with expanded rewards, platinum and a chance for other interesting items. Sometime next year I can imagine creating an instanced rouge challenge similar to our Ancient MIB system as well.