Custom houses in UO:R

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by TheVin, Mar 11, 2016.

Would you like limited custom housing to be implemented?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2016.
  1. Yes, I really love the freedom of creativity and the gold sink it brings!

23.8%
  2. No, I do not like custom housing and no rules could ever change that.

74.6%
  3. I have no opinion on the matter.

1.6%
  1. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Haven't read everything in this thread but;

No splitting the population; No seperate servers

No custom housing; Im sure its been mentioned but leads to eye sores. If ANYTHING perhaps another home or two like the fortress as far as "custom" goes but I think we aren't in a bad spot with what we have now and I'm certainly content with our housing options. Keeping things classic is important in my opinion and it is fantastic that UOR sets itself apart from those custom servers.
    Tyndall and fooka03 like this.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Whoa, watch it with the you're lame and the gfy there, napo. Pretty sure blah blah, tldr, lol hahaha, gf.
  3. napo

napo Well-Known Member

owned brah bet you'll think a little more about it next time you try to backtalk me
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

napo did you lose your connection to Mumble? your gank is coming on super slow. I'll be patient for you though as I understand you're not the quickest bolt in the quiver, if you know what I mean.
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Love people debating over tvs and the like having a place in what they believe Ultima Online is.

In Ultima you had to buy a space shuttle to pilot to outer space to reach one of your objectives. On the way there you had to fight tie-fighters. Ultima has a deep seeded tradition of wtf*ckery.
  6. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Burn the witch!
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Everyone knows there were no TIE fighters in Wing Commander. The easter eggs and nods to space games were Origin's way of having fun with the two major titles they were famous for. Makes me kind of wonder what Britannian bits may have made their way into Wing Commander....
  8. Urza

Urza Active Member

I've been practicing Chivalry and Necromancy since day one on UORenaissance. You simply need to get 100 hit points on level one and not let any of your co-pilots die before reaching the waterfall on the right. Its how you reach mission accomplished.
    Alice Asteroid and Blaise like this.
  9. 1-1=0

1-1=0 Active Member

I'd support new "prefab" houses like the fortress, etc, especially in the smaller categories. Player-custom houses I dont think i'd be okay with.

For example, a 3 story brick L shape with multiple rooms on each floor would be neat.
    MikeK likes this.
  10. Khalil

Khalil Member

I like the idea, and to be honest most of the standard osi houses don't look good. I think custom houses can still fit into an era-accurate shard. These were made on a shard I used to play, what I liked most about them, was that they always fitted into the surrounding of the shard because we couldn't just place a sandstone house in the middle of a forrest. It had to fit stylistically.There are a lot more to check out here: http://uo-dabo.de/index.php?page=multies

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    The Crooked Warden likes this.
  11. The Crooked Warden

The Crooked Warden Well-Known Member

@Khalil some of those look great! Love the small with patio and the tree house
    Khalil likes this.
  12. Khalil

Khalil Member

There were over 160 houses, many more that were just as great. We also had pay resources, which meant that miners and lumberjackers were making good money.