Custom houses

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by MartimusPrime, May 13, 2020.

1. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

@MartimusPrime You are definitely a good architect, your home looks like a home and is beautifully decorated. I understand your sadness because of the inability to build here! :thumbs up:
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    MartimusPrime likes this.
  2. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I am not 100% sure, and you would have to re-confirm it, but i think tela stated once that he is open to add nicely designed houses to the pool.

Custom houseboxes will be never a thing here though, and im pretty glad about that
    MartimusPrime and FartBarf like this.
  3. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

Well its ok. As I said, I am not married to a house for my UO enjoyment, though I would really love to have that house here on this shard.

hmm.....who do I have to sleep with to make it happen though? *ponder*
    Kiryana likes this.
  4. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

Agreed. While I sometimes wish I could rebuild my bitchin' tower from 2004, there always has to be those people that need to build the cock-shaped fuck-dungeons or the hillbilly animal sex farms right outside of town ruining the landscape. Aesthetics aside, to each their own.

I would, however, like to see some new standard house designs. Or at least new skins. I hate the large marble's look, but I think I would have a different reaction if the base was stone/wood and the building itself was anything not marble.
    Arkhan and BlackEye like this.
  5. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

I get what you're saying...

But you're arguing aesthetics and wanting things to be pleasing to observe with a name like "FartBarf".......?
    BlackEye and FartBarf like this.
  6. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

What’s wrong with his name? I don’t see an issue.
  7. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

It's not an issue for me. But you are both arguing against being able to have a customized house on the grounds that you possibly may not like what other people design as their house, based on your personal subjective opinion about what may or may not be aesthetically pleasing to you. The argument could be made that, aesthetically, some people's toon names and forum names may be seen as 'immature' or not pleasing to see.

Do you get my point?
    BlackEye likes this.
  8. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Earsnot's name and avatar turn my stomach a little, but he's cool so I live with it.
    Earsnot and MartimusPrime like this.
  9. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

FartBarf on the forums only. I do have a toon with the name, but you'll never see him. I just needed him to make a box. I'm also a complete jackass who doesn't take himself seriously. Staff can also very easily force someone to change their toon's name. Consider the ass pain it would be to get someone to change their custom house.

I do understand your point. However, aesthetics on the forums and in game are different to me. I react negatively to names like "Pu$$ Sla3r" and "Ballsack" on toons, but I don't really care about names on the forums. Some people use this place as an extension of the game. I don't. But that's neither here nor there.

And I'm not as against stuff that I find aesthetically displeasing as I am those things that I consider outside of the perceived era or antithetical to the overall theme. I dig the idea of custom housing, but I don't want to take the bad (fuck dungeon) with the good (gardens and fountains), so to speak. It's limitations like this that attracted me to this shard as opposed to UOF and the other ones (whose names escape me.) I also have list of shit I would like to see changed/implemented here: housing is at the top.

I will also argue that my online handle should serve as proof of my expertise in the aesthetically displeasing. Therefore, my word in this matter should be treated as law, second only to @Earsnot. ;)
    BlackEye and Earsnot like this.
  10. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

This thread:
    me: “Can we get custom houses?”

DoodooButtbutt: “NO. SUM MAKE PENIS HOUSE. SO U CANT DO GUD HOUSE. AZTHETIK!!”

StinkyPootyJuice: “I concur with my friend Doodoobuttbutt’s expert opine in this matter.”

me: “but I won’t make an ugly house....”

FartSniffBootyButtBoogerStank: “doesn’t matter. WE don’t want someone possibly making an ugly house. So F U new guy. Learn your place.”

This is exactly how this thread went down verbatim probably.

(I hope folks can take a joke. I’m just kidding around and am not serious about this. I respect people’s majority opinion on the matter.)
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  11. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

This is poetry.
  12. Earsnot

Incorrect. I haven’t said that.
    I’m telling you why we don’t have it.
    The server is a renaissance era server.
    Custom housing wasn’t around then and I was explaining the server owners reasoning for that decision.

There is absolutely no “F U new guy” about my message. But if you searched the forums you would see that this has been brought up by new players a LOT. Like a LOT a LOT and is always met with the exact same responses from the community. You gotta remember that you’re coming in to a server that’s 8 years into its tenure, with 0 full time staff and managed exclusively by volunteers. There are things that have been on the cards for 6 years that haven’t been implemented with numerous posts pleading for their implementation. Small things, big things, huge things.

Because we chose to play on a renaissance era server there is 0 chance of this happening here buddy.
    BlackEye, FartBarf and Jill Stihl like this.
  13. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

Thank you. I am glad you see it for what it is: nothing but fun jokes not to be taken seriously.

And thanks for the polite exchange without any condescending verbiage or impression that you are an authority I am to obey.

I would hold your hair back as you puke sir. <3
  14. AOٌ

AOٌ Well-Known Member

It's interesting but I'm aware of a good few things needing to come to server before new stuff is added to the list, copper services being one.
  15. Earsnot

@MartimusPrime - I think we’ve got off on the wrong foot here man. So, I apologise if my posts come across as condescending as it’s not my intention. I’m genuinely trying to do you a solid and just suggest that you search the forums before making a new post suggesting something that’s already been suggested a lot.

I was new here once too and filled with excitement and ideas a plenty, the years have left me jaded.

And while you won’t be getting custom houses any time soon we have yearly house deco contests that’ll give you an opportunity to flex and I hope you’ll enter because your custom house was cool.

Here’s a link to my favourite year for you to perv on.
    http://uorforum.com/threads/2018-anniversary-house-decorating-contest-july-7th-to-august-15th.34936/

Stay frosty homeboy
  16. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I am usually lenient, but it either continues or stops and does not depend on whether I am king or a shoe shine at the entrance.

This branch obviously should not have looked like a bonfire in the library ...
    AOٌ and Earsnot like this.
  17. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

Thanks for the sentiments and info then, folks. Housegate is officially done (for my part).

On to newer things.
  18. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I thought this would grab my attention more. Looks like something find it Britain. If that’s what you were going for, nice work.
  19. MartimusPrime

MartimusPrime Member

Oh I am SO SORRY it didn’t impress your highness’ erudite and refined video game house tastes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me delete the link so you don’t have to suffer seeing it anymore.
    BlackEye likes this.
  20. Xavant_BR

Xavant_BR Well-Known Member

Custom Houses? No, thanks. You are at renaissance and here is all about nostalgic. Let you creativity talk by itself and you see lots of possibilities with the actual shapes.
    AOٌ likes this.