Custom houses

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by MartimusPrime, May 13, 2020.

1. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

I’m not an IDOCer but I want new players to stay around. A lot of players like BIG houses and is high on their goal list. There’s absolutely no reason any person should have to play here for a couple years or however long it takes to save up 10 million for a keep or double that for a fort.

People will cry about the devaluation of real estate. So what? If changing the rules either brings back ONE person or makes ONE person stay, it was all worth it. As it stands, it brings. I body back and doesn’t make anyone stay.
    Jill Stihl, Pedigar and Earsnot like this.
  2. Pedigar

Pedigar Well-Known Member

We need to start a thread to show who these people are and where their houses are. Let the new players direct their rage at these pompous a-holes who have empty houses and don't play
    Celeste Lunaris likes this.
  3. FartBarf

FartBarf Active Member

I remember seeing a thread like this that was created a couple of years ago. If I can find it again, I'll send you a link.

I don't think the original thread had the intended effect, however.
    Celeste Lunaris and Pedigar like this.
  4. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It was mine.
    I was looking for the owners of the Ocllo properties and found out that it was basically all controlled and owned by Rezon bar a couple.
  5. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

It’s not now btw, there’s a lot more transparency and more individuals who own them thankfully.
  6. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I fully support house condemnation for accounts that haven't logged in for 6 months or....whatever number people come up with. I just think it was 6 months on OSI, but I may be misremembering that.

As far as attacking people who are ACTUALLY logging in for how they use their houses....? That's a step too far and I won't support that at all.
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  7. Arkhan

Arkhan New Member

The only way to do custom houses is to have them go through a UOR Homeowners association to make sure certain criteria is met.

Such as:

Coherent use of walls
    No dicks on the roof
    Actually looks like some sort of house

I'd also say you'd need to limit some of the tiles. Like no Samurai Empires / Stygian Abyss house tiles. Even some of the Mondain's Legacy Elf tiles are pushing it.

The house customizing was awesome for about a week and then you saw everyone's fever dream nightmare homes and the maps all became hellscapes.