Deadly poison.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by FreeHugger, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

why not simply add a cooling period on cure pots just like heal pots. Also, take the chance of cure down from 100% to ANYTHING else...just not 100%
    One likes this.
  2. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That would impact dexer (unless you can cast arch cure as a dexer) pvm against deadly and higher level poisoning monsters.

Edited for clarity.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    Rickbrent likes this.
  3. Merek Tybalt

Merek Tybalt Well-Known Member

I think the obvious answer here is great cure pots have 50% chance or so of curing deadly poison if you spam them or a % relative to chance to inflict deadly poison on blades or casting
  4. Rickbrent

Rickbrent Active Member

true, but that would also make PVM and PVP that much harder for all classes which would make the game harder in general...that's a plus in my eyes. Also, a dexer has potions, bandaids, and some have magic as well...so there is 3 different ways to cure.
    Artex likes this.
  5. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

In general poison damage is under-powered. Easy to cure and has a very low MAX-damage if your trying to use it for PvM. Poison Explained video
    Hadrian and Rickbrent like this.
  6. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I think a better fix would be to give the deadly poison a 10% chance to bump up to lethal, and give cure pots a 40% chance to cure the lethal poison. Gm healing and anatomy should have a 100% chance to cure.
    One likes this.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

A couple things here, there's no 100% cure chance with GCure on DP. I've seen half a dozen failed cures in a row, many times.

Making potions ACTUALLY COUNT AS INDIVIDUAL ITEMS AS THE ADMINISTRATION STATED THEY WOULD WHEN THEY MADE POTIONS STACK, would go a long way to unfucking this situation, among others.

Cheers
    Rextacy and wylwrk like this.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
  10. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

my 100% cure chance on DP wasn't from the idea of using 1 potion to cure 100%

My idea was that you can chug a keg in 1.5 seconds if needed to cure. You'll never not cure DP with cure potions due to lack of delay.
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

anybody want to get in on my orange potion timeshares-pyramid-ponzi scheme?
    Cheapsuit likes this.
  12. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

#dexxersmatter
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  13. Khar'Mash

Khar'Mash Member

The problem is poison deals too much damage to not be easy to cure and you don't need poisoning skill on the one using the poisoned weapon to get the benefits.

It could have one charge with a 100% poison rate that was very hard to cure, but required poisoning skill on the wielder.
    It could have lower damage, be possible to heal through, but usable by anyone and be harder to cure.

It used to suck so bad no one used it at all and then in ONE patch they made so snooping turned you red and attackable in town (something unheard of until then beyond order/chaos) AND made it so a 50 alchemy/50 poisoning noob could get people to spasm uncontrollably and basically die on the spot. Thieves were never more awesome. Then they balanced it basically to what it is here which is fine if you can accept it's not a win condition, but rather a way to mess up someones healing with correct timing.

I haven't tried it, but I'm assuming you still get level 5 poison if you poison food with deadly poison. Assassins are just going to have to be creative.

And I'm going to start carrying a rune to an ankh again if poison becomes powerful.
    Hadrian likes this.
  14. FreeHugger

You can only level 4 poison here and back then cure potions weren't stackable.

You had a delay of x amount of seconds before drinking another one. That doesn't exist here.
  15. Khar'Mash

Khar'Mash Member

That's for healing potions. You've always been able to spam cures.
    I've seen players die to level 5 poison from dread spiders here. Eating food and triggering tinkers traps could apply L5 poison at this point in OSI UO if I'm not mistaken, but I haven't tested it on this server. Weapons were never capable of landing L5 poison except for less than a week before they toned it down and that would've been around 1998.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, I wonder how many GM Poison characters there were in the first 15 months of the game...
    RIN likes this.
  17. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

There is an item use delay and you can't chug more than two potions in 1.5 seconds if you tried. I understand you are exaggerating because of your frustration with the mechanic. I'm just of the opinion that it wouldn't need a cool down if you couldn't carry so many potions without needing to balance your inventory.
  18. FreeHugger

I'm sure Jack of Shadows had one on day 3 but must have forgotten to put it in his resume.
  19. FreeHugger

Even with the potions counting as single items, you could easily carry 20 cures in your pack without anything really detrimental to item count..

8 regs, bandies, say 5 wands, 2 wands, 10 pieces of clothing/AR, blessed runebook, recalls, that still leaves like 90 items for potions.
  20. ElleFeyRa

ElleFeyRa Well-Known Member

Just find other ways to kill them.