Death Shroud

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Baine, May 14, 2016.

1. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

what if the points carried ONLY if you went to the least populated faction
  2. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree fix that decay or were going to have a bunch of mini sl forum warriors spamming punkte
  3. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

never heard so much talk about factions before.. Do we all have factioners or what
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think I have one left still....probably? lol
  5. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

I'm gonna roll an archer, no f's given
    Player X likes this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Famous last words, good luck sir!
  7. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

A portion of them will be lost as you move factions. Designed right we feel that it will encourage players to self balance factions themselves as a finite member of players will achieve the top tier rewards. We will also fix the point decay, and inactive timers (ergo if you do not log in at all for a week or two, your points evaporate allowing active players to assume your role).

Its a long list of fixes based on years of watching factions basically encourage a one sided system. By adding some exceptional top tier rewards for the faction commanders/officers. And addressing the common issues like spamming guards, etc. We believe players will spread out evenly.

The other item considered for upper faction rank are faction ethereal warhorses. (Timed items that provide the same function as a faction warhorse) This would include Faction War Llama's and War Ostard ethereals as well (Purchasable for silver, with a timed use period and active rank check.

By encouraging more competition and adding more status symbol items only obtained through effort put into factions we feel the players will get more out of the system. We cannot force people to play a certain way. But we can add some nice rewards to players who invest in the system.

And the death robes would be a very nice reward for players who obtain, and maintain a high level of rank in factions. And obviously any point/rank issues would have to be resolved as well to avoid situations of point farming, or obtaining rank and then going afk for weeks.
    Felucca likes this.
  8. Khar'Mash

Khar'Mash Member

It's too cool and good looking to be a normal item a player can own.

I would suggest making it give an AC bonus and making it so there is only one on the server which is automatically transferred to whoever has killed the largest amount of different players within the last hour and who is currently online when the current holder logs off.

Like a kind of permanent capture the flag item. The holder should obviously be grey. :)
  9. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Well-Known Member

I'd like to see these as plat rewards. Not as an extremely rare item only a certain type of player can enjoy.

EDIT: I think they should come in limited colors (ore hues, 1109, faction hues) and not be dyable.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Player X and Cheapsuit like this.
  10. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

This seems like a perfect idea for factions.

Limits the item, encourages better play and is only given out in selective hues.
    Theodin likes this.
  11. Pruslas

Pruslas Member

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.
    I think the faction idea is great, however, it is a bit unfair for people that does not engage in PVP frequently. Maybe there could be separate rewards like a specific shroud color as faction rewards where you can get a different one if you are getting it via some sort of a PVE reward ( platinum etc.). Just an idea.
  12. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Maybe if you kill over 5000 monsters from the undead family.

Or an even bigger number just to make the grind a nightmare so the reward is so much more worth it!
    One and Hollywood like this.
  13. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking this same thing when this post was brought up. Such as from each super slayer category would be a different color. Or if you kill a certain number of bosses. Players like having goals to work towards and something like this would certainly get more pvmers out in the world which in turn creates more prey for the pkers.
    One likes this.
  14. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Totally @Duke Cannon - I think it would get a lot of people out and about in dungeons.

Especially if you had a 1/1 for the person who hit that number first!

You could even have it so you lost 10% of your count if you died.

That would be brutal.
  15. Swunk

Swunk Member

I think it would be cool if players could choose the hue of the death shroud their given as a ghost by purchasing and using some kind of death shroud hue deed. Then you get to be stylin' when you're dead. Spend platinum on the deed, pick a hue, then from there on out when you die your death shroud will be whatever hue you had chosen.
  16. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

I'm not against adding additional shrouds in game as long as they are equally high tiered and rare. There are already many categories that could reward shrouds such as player pvm or pvp achievements. Just as long as it's only the top player of the shard getting said shroud, then that will make the shroud awards relatively rare and special. For example, you could have the top fisherman on the shard receive a special blue shroud or something. Just a thought.