Defined area without mounts? (poll)

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Blaise, May 7, 2015.

Would you like to see an area of UOR where mounts were not allowed?

1. Yes

65.3%
  2. No

34.7%
  1. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'm definitely with Brun on this one, as a former player on AI, you easily get used to not having a mount. It certainly closes a few gaps, especially in pvp. Turned it into a far greater experience.
    Nerull, Kishember and Brun like this.
  2. Nelvin_Skjordal

Nelvin_Skjordal Member

No mounts area / island / events +++
    Vlar and Brun like this.
  3. Pork Fried Rice

Pork Fried Rice Well-Known Member

I found an easy solution for those who want to play mountless. Die, play as a ghost.
    Isabel, Kane and Xegugg like this.
  4. English John

English John Active Member

Nice idea but I'm getting too old for all that running around malarky.

I would like to have a hitching post on my house to auto dis-mount when entering, that would be nice! One prefers to be on foot in ones home.

No more dirty hoof prints on the floor, quality!
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  5. Plankton

Plankton Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Actually, I was thinking that an exterior house add-on for pack animals would be interesting. But, I'm not so sure it is a good idea in the long term.
  6. Ducky

Ducky Well-Known Member

Without consideration of anyone's opinion, I am a solid no for the mountlessness. The idea of moving around like a turtle on foot with a mob of monsters chasing me is like some kind of digital living nightmare I do not wish to fulfill :p

If it was implemented as a instance like Amibs, would i one day find myself liking it? Maybe. But honestly i would be more interested in the dexxer quest idea then the turtle quest :D
  7. Brun

Brun New Member

Playing on foot isn't as hard as you'd think. It is actually pretty easy. Mobs are slow anyway, unless you're still on a 28.8k dialup in 2015...

Perhaps normal run speed could be ~110% of normal in a no-mount zone or something to compromise?

I would love no gate/recall into/out of dungeons as well but that's a separate idea...
    Jittery Sauce likes this.
  8. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

I don't think you've had to run away from Terathan Avengers and Balrons, Sir. I've done it on foot before for giggles.

Also, if you tried that in Destard, you'd end up dead thanks to the weird damage delay for the Dragons AI. I can remeber sitting outside the Destard Entrance after running out and seeing my friend type out something to the effect of, "Phew!" and then drop dead from Delayed Damage. Slow yourself down and it would be even worse.

Anywho, i'd rather see more mounts added, personally. Having a Dexxer Quest in a land of bola wielding monsters would be alright, though, I suppose. In general, though, I do not want to see mounts removed in any way. That is a mechanic that is solely for PvP'ers happiness and that is not this shard's sole focus.
  9. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Lightshade, we are talking about a limited zone with different setting and new/different monsters and quests...
  10. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

thats got ELITE PVP written all over it! I think a healthy place to start would be like the compassion orc caves. No mounts no tames. Patch it in at the same time as a gardening system and put a super rare seed drop at the end of the caves on an orc boss.
    Jupiter, Blaise and Brun like this.
  11. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Oh, I know. I also know how this foot in the door stuff starts, too. So I wanted to state quite clearly up front that I do not support it in a large scale manner.
    BlackEye likes this.
  12. El Horno

Agreed. In a large scale manner this would be silly and WAY to big of a change to force on people.
  13. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i'm against this. getting sick of these blaise ideas. i swear UOAC was like if blaise ran a server.

there are about a thousand things i'd rather see telamon focusing his time on gameserver wise.
  14. El Horno

We get it, you don't like blaise. *claps* What about this idea tho?

The poll question does not talk about this idea getting bumped to the front of Telamon's priorities so I am not sure why your focusing on that instead.
  15. Liberation

it's not about me not liking blaise, elhorno. "blaise ideas" are this thing where blaise has an idea that does nothing to help the server except maybe 30% of the server's populace would think it would be fun.

these ideas are always things like
    "what if we made this wacky new system for sigil carriers instead of addressing the actual problem?"
    or "what if i could bless my valorite runics without having to play in factions?"
    or "what if there was this wacky area where damage healed you and healing healed you except being alive was like being dead?"
    or "what if instead of statloss reds had to do public champ spawns at wbb?"

[​IMG]]

additionally, telamon's todo list is inexhaustible. there is no point at which tel is going to log on and look around and be like "OH GEEZE I FIXED EVERYTHING".
    Punt likes this.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

There are a few things I like about UOAC but not as a whole across the entire shard. A mount free land area would be just that. Let's not pretend like everyone goes to the fucking orc caves (or even that everyone knows they exist).

I wouldn't mind seeing a bleeding hit chance on PvM like they have over there. I like the achievement system to some degree and unique names. That's a great one, so people who are ultimately jealous of you can't make a character with the same name in a sad attempt to defame you.

The list of people who don't like my ideas mostly because they don't like me, is significantly shorter than the list of my ideas that players have been enjoying here for a long time.

gg
  17. Liberation

mostly with the UOAC stuff i was referring to things like making covetous purple and having PKs wait around for 10 minutes after PKing someone while their location is published to the entire server.

i don't like most of your ideas because they're silly and ill-conceived. i don't disagree with good ideas simply because i don't like the speaker; that's projection on your part.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

My ideas are hardly silly nor ill-conceived, unless it's something said in jest. That's just you being a hater. This is clearly evidenced by your utter lack of tangible reasons why any idea is good or bad. You simply resort to trash talk in the majority of threads. If they were as ridiculous as you seem to think, you'd not see any agreement from the player base. I have yet to posit any idea that has no support at all.

I understand that when my ideas are translated or misunderstood and exaggerated by people such as yourself, they definitely sound as bad as you want them to.
  19. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

100% steal success for unmounted thieves, thx and gg.
  20. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Man, I've been waiting far too long to blatantly copy Mes and use this GIF.

[​IMG]
    wylwrk, Jupiter and Vlar like this.