Detect Hidden for the CY

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Red_Rover, Sep 4, 2013.

1. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

Add the CY addons...they look/sound awesome. Leave everything else the way it is...only thing I would like is if someone (not friended) logs out in your CY they are popped to the front of the house just as if they had logged out on the steps/inside. I would absolutely hate some new player(s) to come to the server, bringing all kinds of wonderful ideas and interaction, to buy a placed keep/castle/fort, only to have a previous DOUCHE BAG owner of said home log in after being afk from the server for 7 months and loot them dry, thus driving them away.

This would provide a "clean slate" that someone asked for earlier, and change nothing regarding DH and banning in CY's.
  2. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Two wrongs doth not make a right, as Lord British might have theoretically said.

And of course players want to secure their courtyards; players want all types of trammel (citation: this thread).

The fact that there is consideration of an idea implemented on OSI... post-trammel... in an even more trammel fashion... is a red flag. But, just my .02.
  3. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

That's an interesting suggestion as well, however players regardless of the assumption their courtyard is secure, should never leave their doors unlocked or store valuables there.

A houses courtyard in essence is no different than the land outside a small houses steps. You should always assume that someone, sometime will find their way in there. The primary benefit being that only 1% of the players on the server might have access.

So when it comes to houses, it is always best to assume someone is always waiting to break into your house, and apply common sense security measures. On the last server I played on, 90% of the time I recalled into my courtyard I didn't even go into the house. If I didn't need to be in there, I just logged on the steps. When I needed to gate into my courtyard I always used a safe house, or a bank boat for added security.

For large houses I always liked to employed a staged security setup.

Lobby Area with Secures Only/Personal Rune Library - Table Wall/Locked Door - Macroing/Work Area - Table Wall/Locked Door - Large Scale Storage

Dalavar, I was just referring to what OSI eventually did to address this exact argument. We have no plans to implement that here. The staff has simply looked at an alternative method of allowing a player to disable their courtyard without using 100 boxes.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I think it is acceptable to have the drawbridge for a good amount of plat, not everyone will have one for awhile. That will give Dalavar enough time to loot as many fortresses as he can before it turns too Trammel to get in. :lol:
  5. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

I don't typically house loot. Takes way too much planning and sitting around. And I have a courtyard myself, so any trammelization of them would presumably benefit me. But I know there are people out there who like to do house looting, and I think it makes for great stories to share on the boards via screenshots and such when a longshot like that pays off.
  6. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I have been house looted through my CY. I don't think you should be able to detect hidden or ban them, or anything like that. If someone will get in, they will if you aren't careful. The draw bridge is something like... if you got the time to get plat, make the keep a bit secure and look nicer... I don't think that is trammel, there is still a window of opportunity. The only true secure way is to keep a guy logged out inside and never leave, just refresh. haha

About my large keep infiltrator:
    It was the ONE time I unsecured my house, I was moving everything to a small to redeed. So, I figured I would move everything to the CY and gate from inside my small to the CY so it would be secure transfer. I fell asleep because it was late midway through moving and I wake up and half the stuff remaining in my courtyard was missing. I lost a good bit of unique rares (a used blood knight scimitar) and a good bit of almost full kegs. So, I contacted Telamon because I thought it decayed when it shouldn't, he guaranteed that someone had it (he didn't tell me who) but I thought it was really slick of them.

I also had a empty Tower IDOC while I was macroing next door.... LOL Some people quit over losing garbage items and it makes me ROLLLLLLLL
  7. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I disagree that players should be able to be killed 100% of the time.... think about it. That would also mean complete town kills, not just when a thief goes grey. You can't cut hairs on that one. have 100% kill for houses and not other places. There are already tons of ways players can be killed in own homes.
    Home security should be on the home owner. Such as making sure all important things to you are either locked down or in secure containers.
    Personally, I like the idea of DH courtyards. But I can understand all the other point of views. I don't feel it would be too Trammel... If memory serves no one except a friend could walk on steps or aggressive spells cast on folks inside their homes in Trammel.
    As far as luring someone into your CY to murder them, lol, that's one of the oldest tricks of UO. Works for small houses to Fortresses. Someone not friend to home is grey.
    There's my two cents on the subject. LOL

Westra