Detect Hidden

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vandyke, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I am currently at 93.6 Detect hidden and whenever I detect on crates, boxes etc in towns I never get the [trapped] icon.
    I should be getting the icon in the color of what kind of trap is set upon the object.

I also always seem to get "you can see nothing hidden there"
    While it is entirely possible that I am not successfully detecting the trap, I am pretty certain that at 93.6 skill I should be detecting the trap at least once in the 20 times I have tried while testing this during this report.

I am currently in faction under TB. I do not know if this would have an effect on this (maybe a coding conflict etc?) but I thought I'd add that info.
    Ezekial tested this briefly as well and came up with the same result.
  2. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor
    UO:R Subscriber

any idea when this skill will be fixed?
  3. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

I don't have a specific date for when this will be fixed, but after the final land-rush is opened & completed, a large portion of the smaller inaccuracies which tend to slip through the cracks will likely be pushed forward in priority.
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This skill is still seemingly a bit broken. I have a GM Detect Hidden character and I routinely find people on Tracking, walk up to the tile Tracking says they are on and target DH within the immediate area and get nothing. Only when I target myself, does Detect seem to have any radius of detection at all. Otherwise it seems it is only detecting on that exact tile when targeted. Will test further soon.
  5. Tabius

Tabius Active Member

I have not noticed this problem, I do find that the targets hiding skill has a say in if you succeed or not.

I could be wrong, but if the person has GM hiding, its not as easy as someone with 30.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure how it 'should' work in era or whatever, but it seems fairly retarded that I can miss by a tile and not detect someone but when I target myself I literally reveal everyone in like a 10 tile radius or something.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This still effing sucks bad. I can Detect Hidden directly NEXT to a hiding player without revealing them. Only when I target myself (area effect) or their EXACT tile, are they revealed.

Please resolve my river of tears.
  8. Athena

Athena Active Member

I always thought your Detect radius got larger as you got more skill, but I see the same thing as Blaise if I'm not on the perfect tile I get zilch :(
  9. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

Is this applicable to both the skill and the spell?
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I think it might be Tay, but I'd have to test.