Discord / Enticement over Peacemaking?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Ikibahd, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Ikibahd

Ikibahd Active Member

Ok so I've had my peace dexxer for a while now and peacemaking is, to me, getting boring (especially compared to my provo dexxer). I've been messing around with my template a bit and here's what I'm at:

GM Macefighting, tactics, anatomy, music, peacemaking
    98.5 healing and about 53 magery.

I'm thinking of dropping peacemaking and raising discordance and then resists since monsters won't be sitting pretty while I hammer them.

That leaves me with 8 skills, however, which is where your knowledge and experience can assist me! I'd like to keep roughly 30 magery to be able to recall with scrolls, as I seldom multi-client and gating from a different account sounds cumbersome to me.

My thoughts to solve this are to drop tactics and healing down to 90, and raise resists only to 90 to get those 30 magery points.

Would this be a good idea? Would 90 resists not do much? Would 90 healing be insufficient for things like lich lords or ice fiends that have been discorded?

I would like to make this work and still have a chance to recall away when reds show, but I don't see many others that have discord except for tamers.

Thanks for the advice!
  2. Edward Skye

Edward Skye Member

Hi Ikibahd,

I am fairly new here myself so take what I say with the appropriate level of salt. :)

As you say, I have not seen many templates with disco only. I have read through about 20 pages of forum history for template ideas and have not come across that one.

In thinking about my own planned dexxer templates, I think dropping tactics is fine as long as you can acquire the right weapon. From what I have read, tactics at 100 or at 125 makes no difference, so you can get a supremely accurate mace and with 75 tactics it's like having 100. Adding the +25 on top of 100 is not a benefit. How easy and inexpensive it is to get a +25 mace, obviously less as you range tactics up a bit.

You are also echoing what I have read about peace v provo dexxers. Everyone says a peace dexxer is great, but then many of those same people later on say they switched to provo and wont' go back. I don't have personal experience, so just going on what I have read.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

peace / magery
    no resist

Edward Skye and Vandalin like this.
  4. Edward Skye

Edward Skye Member

Dude. You took their lunch money. That was brutal.

*goes off to make is peace dexxer*
    wylwrk likes this.