Discussion about "heat of battle" changes

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Woody III, May 29, 2016.

1. Keystone

Keystone Well-Known Member

Just saying.... when you PK or go Orange its a choice you make.... no one limits those options but you.... when you go red or orange.... Zergs happen..... and a good enough zerg stops the recall anyways.... however lots of people are red and recall out of 1 on 1 fights..... just seems like better things to do than go red and recall out of any fair fight......
  2. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Literal Scenario: I look away at the TV and look back to see a PK finish off my tamer. I switch accounts and recall in on PvPer and attack PK. He is losing and calls in buddies. I string them out and recall back to corpse where original PK is looting. I kill him and loot back my stuff, but recall out when his friends come back. I mana up, recall back in and string the friends out till one is by himself and kill him. I then run back, find his two friends and attack them, but one of the 2 dead guys comes in and surprises me so I tecall off screen and proceed to kill all 3.

None of that is possible on this server, but makes complete sense. What we have on this server...makes no sense.
  3. Keystone

some people like apples some people like Beer....... its one of those things
  4. Lightshade

I agree that people are different, and to that end we should allow them to choose how to play and stop forcing them into a box.
  5. Lightshade

Ill be honest. Its unrealistic and gameplay-limiting rules like HoB that make me dislike PvP on this server. Expanding upon it will only make me like it less.
  6. Woody III

Woody III Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I didn't follow your story 100%, but I think I know what you meant. When you recall back in on another char, you shouldn't be able to recall out after engaging the pk even if his buddies show up. You knew prior to recalling there you were headed in to fight and that more pks could show up. You could've just as easily messaged a friend and both recalled in flagging him and making him earn his escape, or a battle would ensue between your group and the pks. The battle sounds more fun than your recalling back and forth and picking them off one at a time lmao.

I'll be honest too, it sounds like you would like a trammel facet added to the server so you can watch tv and farm at the same time. We got your message loud and clear, you are not for this change to be implemented.

Let's see what others have to say.
  7. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  8. Keystone

Your right @Lightshade we shouldn't force people to play a certain way.... your points are valid and I have change my opinion..
  9. Keystone

just kidding..... thing like that never happen on the internet....
  10. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I don't have any opinion on order/chaos or faction flagging, but there are bigger things that need to be addressed before something that isn't really broke is fixed. If a blue attacks another blue, they are criminally flagged and cannot recall away. If a red attacks a blue they are flagged and cannot just recall away. That's part of the risk of going grey or red. Generally, I think blues should keep the option to fight a grey or red if they choose and be able to recall away if the fight goes south or reinforcements get called in. Evasive action is always an option in combat. It sounds to me that most people want flagging to prevent recalls because they were sore about not being able to catch someone. Maybe next time you'll luck out with a para blow or stun punch before they get the chance :cool:
    Erza Scarlet and One like this.
  11. Keystone

If the PVP on this shard was more populated it would be a different story for sure...... but looking for 20 or 30 minutes for an orange only to have them recall hurts PVP more than any weird zerg gank scenario I could imagine.....
  12. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

That seems to be more of a problem with factions in general, than the game mechanics.
  13. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Blaise and Lightshade don't pvp, for some reason most of the people who weigh in on these issues are people who aren't involved in the action anyway.
    Keystone likes this.
  14. Keystone

I was just about to ask how often they pvp... ty for the heads up info.....
  15. blasfede

blasfede Active Member

I think that this system works pretty well, if u wanna pvp and engage someone you also must consider that you won't be able to recall away for 2 or 3 minutes.
    You can run and maybe no one will get u (unless he's Kane, sure) but my point is that if you wanna have pvp you also have to keep the risk, and at the same time you cannot force anyone to pvp with you, this is no fun, no Game.
    A game is supposed to be fun for people who play it, if i don't give a shit to pvp with you why you have to force me?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  16. Keystone

You missed the entire point..... no one is saying blues shouldn't be able to recall...... The issue is with reds and oranges.... and if you are Red or Orange. You automatically give a shit to pvp or you wouldnt be red or orange......
  17. blasfede

blasfede Active Member

I perfectly get your point, but if i'm red it does not automatically mean that i wanna pvp with you in that moment, you get my point?
    UO is a game of risk, if i'm red instead, u can attack me every single f*ckn moment, you can try to kill me but i must to be able to refuse and recall if i don't wanna pvp. :)

PS: i'm in the field everyday. i get killed everyday :D
  18. Lightshade

This is untrue. I am glad that my characters are shrouded in mystery, though.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  19. Keystone

I just come from a different place..... If im on my red its because I wanna put blood on the floor... So I would love a big fight..... If its a zerg.... so what. Thats UO at its best really.. also Zergs make you make friends or at least alliances with other people... and that builds community
  20. Woody III

Woody III Active Member

Also as I mentioned before you have the ability to play 15 different chars. If you don't want to pvp at that time you can log on a char that wouldn't fall into these flagging conditions.