Distant Shores ~Sapphire Saga~

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

The Orc captain's eyes flashed red. His targets in sight, he slashed at his chest to release the blood rage which had given him the name of Orkgrug Bloodletter sireling of Grilok. He blitzed through countless soldiers sending them flailing to the ground as he rushed towards his target -- the banner heralds.

Abby and Draco swung their weapons in synchronized blows. Standing back to back, they sent countless Orc raiders to their war god. Orkgrug leapt through crowd of lashing blows and swung his knotted club. The sound of oak on steel seemed to ring louder than all the chaos of battle and the attention of almost everyone turned to focus for a moment on the white banner that floated over the armies. The short suspension of time did not last long, and immediately it recoiled into motion seemingly sped up ten fold as a giant dragon's claw smashed Orkgrug to the ground, nearly crushing him to dust. The enormous red beast bellowed in anguish that echoed in the hearts of all the white clad warriors.

==========================================================================================================

Faded. That was the only way he could comprehend what had happened. The last image he remembered was the blood crazed Orc has he leapt towards Abby. Now, Draco was in a place that was all too familiar, yet the structures were different. The shrine, as it seemed to call out his name, it remained unchanged. He faded again. This time he was inside the house across from the shrine. Inside he saw the familiar face, a wizard he had once known who was now very much focused on a board and a man before him and seemed completely unaware of anything outside of the board and stones before him. The world around Draco was draped in grey hues, but there was a woman standing over Jupiter's shoulder shimmering with the most exquisite blue dress. Draco waved and tried to call out, but no sounds would escape his throat, nobody in the room seemed to perceive him; nobody that is, except the blue maiden. She looked directly at him and winked. Then she leaned over and spoke directly into Jupiter's ear. The wizard still seemed completely unaware of her presence despite her intimate proximity to his ear, but suddenly his eyes lit up, and he lifted one of the castle shaped rocks and exclaimed "Check Mate!"

Seeing that the Wizard's attention was no longer focused on the board, the blue maiden motioned to Draco to step forward. As he did, he felt the fading start to grip him again. Only this time his memory didn't fade, the world came into color around him and as it did, the blue maiden vanished. He tried to utter a salutation again, but still no sounds were emitted. However, he noticed that the others now perceived his presence.

"Quickly, get them to the shrine, they're fading fast!" Jupiter cried out. He gestured at the others to usher the spirits outside. Draco could now feel the grips upon his conscious slipping, it appeared as though his eyes were closing slowly and involuntary. He looked down and he was atop the steps that led to the ankh, but the gap between the steps and the platform seemed too great, but as he moved forward he found he was able to reach the other side without difficulty. Jupiter was by his side and motioned to touch the ankh, and Draco copied Jupiter's movements.

He felt a sudden lurch in his stomach which compelled him to vomit. He spat, and then realized that there was sound again from his lips and he could feel his breath as he heaved. He leaned heavily on the stone ankh has he lifted himself from his knee.

"Welcome, Welcome my good dear sir and lady. Such a distance you both must have traveled to arrive here. How curious that you would arrive at just this very point in time."

Draco blinked and it seemed like his senses were simultaneous competing to comprehend every bit of the environment. "Both," he began to question, "what do.. you mean?" A hand gently reached out and touched his shoulder. He knew the hand immediately. "Abigail?!" he cried out, "but how? I mean.. the last thing I recall was the Orc flying at us. It was to be our last stand before we entered the great halls."

Abigail Lafey smiled softly at Draco. Her face wore the same signs of strain as he was sure his bore.

Jupiter piped up "You two must have quite the story to tell! I've heard of people traveling incredible distances, but you two," he laughed as he wagged his finger and chuckled at them, "my dear friends you have traversed time as well as space. Come, Come, let us get you some food and rest."

"I do not wish to be ungrateful," Draco thanked Jupiter, "and I am certain we shall oblige you of your most gracious offer, but we must see what is become of the White Harbor."

"My dear friend," Jupiter looked a bit sullen and clearly sorry to impart the news, "that city has not stood for some time in this realm. You may visit for yourself, as I have, but you will find only rubble and stone where the great halls once stood. When your trek is completed, I insist you return here. I should very much like to learn more about how you came this long distance. There are very few who are able to traverse the great span of time, and escape fate's grasp."
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014