Dragon Ranking System

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by You Enjoy Myself, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Here's a formula I would try. Paste it into cell N2 in the sheet:
    =768000/((826-B2)*(826-C2)*(106-D2)*(476-E2))*20

A perfect dragon is 1 in 768,000. So this is simply figuring out how rare the dragon is based on its stats, and then multiplying it by an arbitrary number (in this case, 20 seems to work good) until things look reasonable. One thing this solves IMO is that a perfect dragon like in the second row of the calculator, would fetch much more than 2.3M I would think. The downside of my method is it treats all points equal, whereas people clearly have a preference for DEX over INT for example.
    You Enjoy Myself likes this.
  2. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

I did something similar a while back when I was into taming dragons. I did not get quite as elaborate to grade based on percevied market desires for stat preference. I do a compartive with all 4 stats summed/4. I also do a Hits/str/dex sum/3. Enough for me to gauge the relative strength of a dragon. Then I subtract that equatissn total from a perfect dragons score and the closer to 0, the better the dragon.

For instance, I have an 825/825/101/439 dragon in the stable. His all 4 Score is 10.00, but his primary 3 score is 1.33.

I think your onto somehting though. Keep up the good work.
  3. You Enjoy Myself

You Enjoy Myself Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Busy weekend. I haven't had much time to work on it. But I plan on tiering the stats so the closer to perfection a stat is, the more it is worth. I'm thinking mid next week I'll have another version out.

The problem with the current version is that it undervalues near perfect dragons. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Rather than add bonuses for perfect stats, you can multiply them or use exponents. That would give you the sort of "synergy" effect of multiple great or perfect stats being found together.

That's kind of what my 768,000 method does. There's 1 combination of stats which are all perfect, so it's 768,000 / 1 = 768,000. There's 4 ways to be one point off of perfect (824 STR or 104 DEX or 475 INT or 824 HP). 768,000 / 4 = 192,000. etc. There's 16 ways you can be 2 points off of perfect, 768,000 / 16 = 48,000.

So it demonstrates some synergy and perfectly lines up with actual rarity in what spawns via the RNG. It would just want to do a little better comparing the impact of each stat, for example maybe each point of HP or INT is 0.5, STR is 1.0, and DEX is 2.0 in terms of "stat points away from perfect".
  5. Header

Header Active Member

I have been using this dragon sheet extensively to rank my tames.

Is it possible to make a sheet for ww and mares?
  6. You Enjoy Myself

You Enjoy Myself Active Member
    UO:R Donor

It is possible, however you'll likely have to tool around with it yourself. I haven't had the time to work on this much lately.