Dragons with no taming?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by dabrixmgp, Oct 11, 2017.

1. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

Im GM Lore but Im seriously too lazy to finish Taming from 86-100. I was getting some gains north of Papua with Hell Hounds and Cats but can I just buy Dragons to use?
  2. Alocas

Alocas New Member

94 taming for dragons i believe.
  3. Rextacy

Rextacy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I'd recommend going to jhelom bull pits and set up a macro. You want 100 taming so dragons listen/obey you better.

Sit on outside of the fence. Have a giant or silver snake inside the pen with the bulls.
    There's a bull pit macro if you go on:

http://uorforum.com/threads/fast-track-guide-to-taming.2165/

Another suggestion is if you would like to join a taming guild and get more active with other players take a look at TnT guild:

http://uorforum.com/threads/tnt.12393/

Good luck and welcome to the shard :)
    Sheepdog likes this.
  4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

I concour with TK

Where you're at already with the skill, you're looking at 1-2 nights afk macroing at the bulls in a deathrobe.

Wear the deathrobe.
    One, Leopold and Rextacy like this.
  5. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

So bulls work into the 90s even without retames? Also i was gonna wear full, unblessed anniv clothing with a +25 Axe of Vanq and Elemental Ban. Also house key and recall rune.
    Black Tortoise, Cromwell and Rextacy like this.
  6. Rextacy

Retames help work the skill faster but taming regular bulls will get you up to 100 as well. only much slower is all. And you can do it afk
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  7. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

At 86.0 Taming and 100.0 Lore, I see a 0.0% chance of succeeding a command (maybe there is a floor of 1%, I dunno).

At 93.9 Taming and 100.0 Lore, I see a 77.3% chance of succeeding a command. You'd go through a lot of food but it might work.

But at that point, you can attempt dragons and will hit 95.0 within less than an hour of taming, so just GM it already :)
    One and Rextacy like this.
  8. Sheepdog

[​IMG]

All the way to GM.

It's speedier if you work with someone else and get a retame system going.
    Rextacy likes this.
  9. Rextacy

[quote="Sheepdog, post: 270989, member: 5012"

It's speedier if you work with someone else and get a retame system going.[/quote]

like TnTs bull factory ;) . I've just finished my 3rd tamer in 4 days
    Sheepdog likes this.
  10. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

I guees i will try bulls again. Always like 3 people per pen last few times i been.
  11. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Kill them.....some of the best enemies were made at the pens right @bart simpson
    Rextacy and bart simpson like this.
  12. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

I guess I could always bring over a few extra serpents then Hide
  13. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

OK i have literally been here 1 second and got PKed. screw my tamer im sticking to fishing and mining....

Just Kidding, Im back. hope I can get off at least one successful tame before getting killed again.

Nope in the time it took me to write the above sentence I was killed again. How exactly does this work if you literally die every 10 seconds.

Died 4 times and managed to tame 3 bulls. At this rate I guess Im looking at around 10k deaths by the time I hit GM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  14. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

@dabrixmgp I don't know who is killing you. It is not me. You have two options...

1) Leave and go fishing/mining or whatever

2) Get even.

Are you going to let this PK, whoever they are, beat you? No you are not! Tame, tame away. Tame to your hearts content. Die, rez and do it over and over again. There will come a time when you have them right where you want them... just bide your time.

UO is great in the fact that you can play however you want. Remember that this is YOUR game!! Make note who is killing you, ask around if you don't know them. When the time comes and you get that sweet sweet REVENGE, it will all be worth it, I promise.
  15. Alocas

Alocas New Member

Have you checked out this guide http://uorforum.com/threads/fast-track-guide-to-taming.2165/ ?

I did hell hounds at Hythloth to about 98 and then dragons in Wind till GM. Looking back at it I would of gone the dragons sooner as the gains we're pretty quick at 98.

With hell hounds you can marco unattended. It's just a matter luck if you get pk'd. I was getting 6-8 hours without getting killed, the gains were worth the hassle. The guide is a little out of date as people say the hounds are 'broken'.

If you put your tamer in some crap armour, put a weapon in his hand with a bit of skill he should be able to kill any HH which manages to get past the orc wall. I noticed that when the HH break the wall they always target the tamer. Make sure he's in war mode.

the 2nd char would be a healer, would help if he has gm music and 70ish provo which will make the orc wall.
  16. Sheepdog

You did tell people you were gonna wear full, unblessed anniv clothing with a +25 Axe of Vanq and Elemental Ban and also have your house key and recall rune on you.....

I'd take a punt for a count just out of intrigue.
  17. Nusir

Nusir Well-Known Member

I didn't find a single unblessed item.
    Sheepdog likes this.
  18. dabrixmgp

dabrixmgp Member

Nah Im gonna stick to Bulls. I guess since I only have 10 more points to go till I can do Dragons and Nightmares it shouldnt take too long.
  19. Rextacy

When I made my first tamer I couldn't go afk without being PKd. Took a bit but I didn't give up. You shouldn't either! Good luck :)
    Sheepdog likes this.
  20. Por Corp Wis

Por Corp Wis Well-Known Member

Yea..the Jhelom bull pit was hopping with PKs yesterday. It happens sometimes dont let it discourage you.

Looks like it some was TnT tamers with their red alts being greedy with bulls and salty that other people were trying to gain taming skill.

Stick with it...not every day is like that.