Dungeon chests and the future of what they should hold!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Intoxable, Sep 14, 2016.

1. It'sallALark

It'sallALark Well-Known Member

well when said items were replaced with plain clothing and jewelry, it drastically lowered the profit/incentive of dungeon picking

like I always say, they're called "treasure" chests, not "junk I dangerously placed in a chest next to dangerous spawn, trapped it, locked it, then left"

I think random spawning 1-5 town/dungeon spawn system for all chests in the game (town too) should be implemented with the ability to get rares/plat and a slight item/gold boost. Go through every chest you find and a 1/100 chance at a high loot 4 or 5 on respawn would be nice.

but I do think they should involve remove trap as a must, not doing the one step away method.

The thunting/dungeon chest system is one of the best areas I believe could use a revamp, I know Telamon could do a bang up job at perfecting that, once he gets the millions of other projects out of the way.
  2. Intoxable

Intoxable Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I hope he does soon, This was my jam in T2a.
  3. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

So let me get this straight...do slayer weapons only drop in lvl 7 tmaps? Or what's the story with this?
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Slayer weapons only drop from monsters or within the loot of L7 instances, yes.
  5. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Monsters in the "real world", or monsters in lvl 7 instances? I think I may have gotten 1 silver weapon in all the time I've played here.

...granted I've never done a lvl 7 t-map...yet
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Monsters in the overworld, yes. Specifically they are supposed to drop slayers in their "opposition group". For example, humanoid types (ogres, executioners, etc) drop silver slayers whereas undead mobs are supposed to drop repond/humanoid type slayers like lizardman slaughter and ogre thrashing.
  7. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Must be a SUPER rare drop
    Artex likes this.
  8. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

Nearly all slayers come from field/dungeon/non-instance drops?! Just a rare drop. Collect some bags of weapons and you find them.