Email Issues, Website Security, Account Security Info

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Patek

Patek Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Cheers for the update Chris, appreciated as always.
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It’s web security 101. All I said when I brought it up was to point out that it was off, which got me a 10 or 12 line earful about ye olden days before SSL when the Pony Express delivered internet packets. I gave up after that. I have decided to just play and ignore the shortfalls until I can’t any longer. I will no longer try and make this a better place
  3. Sheckels

Sheckels Member

I think y'all are being overly dramatic. If "I am saying not a single player has reported their forum account being compromised in 5+ years." is true, what are you all so upset about?
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  4. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

I simply pointed out an issue and was treated to a lecture. That’s my issue, it’s always that way. I’ve offered my services to demonstrate the issues, but he doesn’t seem to trust his setup enough to give me that go ahead. ;-)
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Update: The email issues are mostly resolved as we have isolated the bad actors and audited all of the emails linked to forum accounts and removed some blatantly fake emails that players had selected. Other than a few delayed emails to yahoo/aol everything should be working properly now.

We are also monitoring the meltdown and spectre bugs for their affect on UOR/client security.
    https://meltdownattack.com/

We do utilize a shared VPS hosting from our web host which could be vulnerable to this. But it looks like almost all of the internet/cloud/mobile devices could be affected by this.
  6. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Chris.