Emote sounds - Not an OSI thing, but wondering everyone's opinion on this.

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Coffee, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Fuinacius

Fuinacius New Member

I like the idea of the emote sounds and LOVED the idea of bards being able to play their instruments! It may not be era accurate, but it's not something that impacts on gameplay... it's just cosmetic, and may also be used by roleplayers!
    I remember that when I played lord of the rings online, the thing I most enjoyed was playing music using the abc system in front of the prancing pony tavern with my guild! We even roleplayed a BAND. Everyone had a ministrel just for that reason, and we traveled all middle earth playing songs and doing concerts everywhere!

No, we don't need such complicated system here. But something to play the instruments would be just awesome!

just to add, this is what we used to do in lotro:

Ragar and Heretic like this.
  2. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This could be really cool. I don't usually play with sound on but if I could write some tunes in UO that would really be cool.

I think as long as it is a feature that anyone can disable if they don't want to hear the new sounds etc. that this could be really cool and actually writing songs on UO instruments is mind blowing to me lol.
  3. Coffee

Coffee Member

Better response than I figured I'd get for this post, hah! I never knew about the composing thing on here either with the instruments.

I say we implement it all!
  4. Pill

Pill Well-Known Member

Was always a fan of these back on Hybrid.