Empty Graves (Chapter Two)

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Gharik, May 21, 2014.

1. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

After witnessing the massive army The Guardian had already assembled, I took it upon myself to scout the outlying graveyards. Their numbers could not possibly have come from the small grave site near their fortress.

I began my journey at Britain's graveyard. To my surprise, most of the graves here had not been disturbed. There were a few reanimated corpses, but they were all fairly mindless. None of them seemed to have any loyalty to Him. This was clearly the work of a novice necromancer and nothing more. "Why would he not start with the largest source of bodies in all of Sosaria?" I whispered to myself. Then it hit me, He was skulking around the smaller burial sites. He's patient... He wants to have numbers before revealing Himself to an area with such high foot traffic.

I then took my journey to a smaller place of rest, Cove. Nearly all of the graves were empty. Aside from a few freshly slain reanimated corpses and one crazed lich, this holy resting place was nothing more than an eerie digsite. It would seem that not all corpses come with undrying loyalty. Those that were not worthy were cleaved in half and banished back to the realm of the dead. This must have been the work of Gharik Darkmoor.

After seeing the desecration of Cove's cemetery, I galloped to Yew. The fate of their's was the same. I sailed to Jhelom and Nu'Jelom, only to find emptiness. The army is massing. The humans need to prepare themselves. The Unholy War will soon begin...