End Game Goals?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by bart simpson, Apr 29, 2016.

Do you have any end game goals?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Learn, follow, and accomplish all of the Ultima virtues (with self imposed objectives/goals) with one character through what I hope to be one long and epic story while mastering every skill....

... except taming, animal lore, and veterinary.
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    ElleFeyRa, newme, Gideon Jura and 5 others like this.
  2. Cinatas

Cinatas Member

To get a free blessed runebook from Bart
    Christoph Brock, Cynic, Iago and 6 others like this.
  3. Caska VS Trees

Caska VS Trees Well-Known Member

I have a new one - get enough money/deco together to buy 2 "extra" houses.

One, I'd like to buy out a place in Occlo (hence END GAME goal :p) and fit it out as a training house with spinning wheels/looms, lockpicking boxes etc. Something the young characters could use.

Two, I want to get a 2-story (villa maybe?) set up as a Sweeney Todd-themed meatpie/barber/serial killing shop :D
  4. TiMi

TiMi Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

top comment lol
    Gideon Jura and Cinatas like this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

New one:

8. A vendor named Lloyd!!!
  6. Treasureman_Retired

Treasureman_Retired Well-Known Member

End game goals .... hmm...

Yes, I have, or had in this post, end game goals that consisted on owning a top rated vendor property, own my own island, and own a pair of 2 story statues (both plat and non plat 2 story statues) in which I have completed all my end game goals. I own the small marble next to occlo bank, I own marble island, and used to have both complete sets of 2 story statues, that until I gave one away for a guide writing contest. It came to a point where I had no goals left, and things were becoming stale and boring. I had only one choice, and that was to create more final end game goals.

It was to forever seal my name in the history books of UOR, with a solid positive reputation. That is in the works as we speak. People only remember people wealthy in the game for so long before they are forgotten. I figured if I gave away my wealth to help others, and provide solid usable material for the shard through guides, I might be remembered for the life on this shard. Pixels are just that, pixels ... and if I can create smiles throughout the shard using pixels, then it seems like a win/win to me. Guides also lighten the load on Chris because it helps answer the questions he may not have time to answer. I may not be the one writing them, thus it would be poor of me to take the credit, but at least I have the opportunity to fund the cause. There is one additional hidden goal I have to complete once I completely run out of pixels, but we still a ways before we reach that point.

Tman
  7. Invoker

Invoker Active Member

My ultimate end game goal would be:
    Win a first to 10 wins match under 5x mage ruleset against Pax Romain.
  8. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Make it all, give it all away, become staff and help growth of a game I've enjoyed for so many years =)
  9. Iago

Iago Well-Known Member

When you accomplish this, you should make a montage video about overcoming the odds set to Rocky music!

10. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

I have already gotten two Valorite Runic Hammers..
    I have a statue fetish and I desire more monster statues.
    I would like to get one of each golem statue but that requires mining and I don't like mining anymore!
    1k long term murder counts on Taylor Swift would be amazing
  11. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Controlling the faction sigils would be more end game for me but that requires training individuals and building an army. Requires too much time that I do not have to commit.... Maybe if I lost another pinky and had 3 surgeries and 6 months off of work it could happen.
  12. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Well, Memorial Day is coming up!

[​IMG]
    Isabel, Gideon Jura, Isabella and 3 others like this.
  13. amfeKk

amfeKk Well-Known Member

Isabella likes this.
  14. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

15. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I've never really had an "end goal" in any era of UO. I did have a dream ( does that count) and it is accomplished.
    Always seriously wanted a pretty garden with a resident wisp. This wish has come true. So now mainly, I just want to met folks, don't get pked lot, and play UO.

Thanks for the thread, it's a good one

Westra on IRC,

Marjo Governess of Wispfelt Village in game.
  16. ElleFeyRa

ElleFeyRa Well-Known Member

No "end goal", but my current goal is to finish the fort and open it to PVP Saturday afternoons. At some point maybe even learn to PVP... No hurry on that though.
  17. Genocide

Genocide Active Member

It use to be to be #1 on Murder boards. Then I started PKing with my competition...

So now I'm going to actually finish decorating my keep and beat Bart fart in a deco contest. Hell, I may even make him supply some of my decorations.
    ElleFeyRa and amfeKk like this.
  18. Meradin

Meradin Well-Known Member

I had to take some time and think about this one because items or houses never did it for me...What I finally came around to was one word.

Family. I am just looking for the home I had when I was 13-17, the people....we went through so much together, more than some of the people you meet in real life that's for sure. The relationships I have created through this game are priceless. I know a lot of the people that were in The Fallen Lords from Pacific and even people that were in similar types of guilds miss the family unit the guild provides, because at the end of the day the game only goes so far.

19. The Musician

The Musician Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

[​IMG]
    Mask and sandels/boots
  20. The Watch

The Watch Well-Known Member

My end game goal is to own a fortress or a castle. I've played UO since 1998 and never had one. I've had several towers, but that was as large as I could get. I even had the cash for a castle once on Chesapeake, but never could find enough open ground.

That or revive my old stomping grounds of Silvervale...... though I doubt that will ever happen here. Doesn't seem to be enough of an active RP community to keep it going for long.

Other than that, I play mostly for the experience and the stories (I'm a writer, after all). Here, as with most of the other incarnations of UO that I have had the pleasure to enjoy, my main contribution has been on the forums by creating story lines and plots that reflect in game experiences and build off them. Hopefully those stories have brought some enjoyment to those who have read them, and possibly added another layer to the gameplay experience..... That's what I like to think, anyway.

I'm hoping as my career as an author gets going I will have more time for true leisure writing here as I've fallen down on that over the past year or so....

Also, I want to get my tamer to GM. 3 years on here and he's still at mid 80's (I refuse to macro taming afk.... just doesn't feel right to me).
    PaddyOBrien and Alice Asteroid like this.