Epic Boss Challenge

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Arnold Lutz, Feb 6, 2015.

1. crazydaze

crazydaze Well-Known Member

We had to explain to them that UO is cerious bizniz. Then took about 45 secs of boss dodging to avoid the entire kitchen of pots and pans being thrown at our heads. Fortunately, for me, I had just watched the movie Dodgeball and was well prepared. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lightshade likes this.
  2. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's been over two years and this still hasn't been done by anyone else? Man @crazydaze and I are just way too badass for the rest of you Sosarian posers.
    Keza and Lightshade like this.
  3. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

True Wizards.
  4. Arnold Lutz

Arnold Lutz Well-Known Member

No other attempts have been made that I know of. But anyone willing to can still win the 2nd or 3rd place prizes.
    Keza and fooka03 like this.
  5. Fefa

Fefa Active Member

Just yesterday I was traveling pass Yew gate and stoped at S-mart shop. Ther i found an mighty wepon a Troll slaying bow for only 600gp, that was a steal of a bargin so I purched it. What to do with it I ponderd... and then It struck me... an old challange to slay tree powerful Troll lords in 24 h. I had a good night sleap and started my hunt in well familliar hounting grounds of NE Vesper where trolls of the forrest were trolling hunters.
    I was of to their camp and after killing round 40 of this faul beasts their master showed up. My new bow made short work of him and Vesper woods were freed of mainly ugly but also dangerous beast.

Guido de Canis_7-29_07.46.jpg Guido de Canis_7-29_07.47.jpg

Then I was exploring troll caves, and after just 17 dead minions, ther boss apeared. I must say it was my first time hunting cave troll, for i quckly learned they are a bit smarter then avereage troll and can cast spells. But that still did not save him from my new bow - "The dawn". He was carriing a platinum coin in his pocket - a well deserved award for such a kill.

Guido de Canis_7-29_08.04.jpg
    Guido de Canis_7-29_08.04-1.jpg
    Things were going well for me so i was off to the mountain pass where it was heard that trolls are pestering goats and travelers. Here things were not runing as smoothly as before. First I killed round 90 trolls and nothing, their cowardly boss did not show. I was tierd and hungry, so I went for a little rest. In couple of hours when I came back and I started to fell this ugly beasts. Again I was hand and knees in troll blood and ground was filled with roting carcases But then a traveller came by, but it was no mear traveller it was a murderer named Xi. He got me unprepaired and delivered me a mortal wound. Perheps it was gods intervention or murderers dont like to get trolled, he noticed good jog i was doing geting World rid of this trolling beast and he bounded my worrior soul to my body and left my equipment untuched. Fortunatlely he did not noticed The down and platium coin i got from a regular troll - a rear lot on this stupid monsters . He gave me an hour to finish my quest, for then he will come back with less tender heart.
    It was now or newer so i put a good use of the down to fell another portion of trolls when he finally emerged. My white whale - mountain troll. Again we (The Down and I) made quick job of it and so finished this old quest nobody wanted to deal with.

Guido de Canis_7-29_14.11.jpg
    Guido de Canis_7-29_14.13.jpg

I only got 1 platinum coin from this 3 bosses (and one from regular troll) and no peculiar meat, but I was doing it for fame not fourtune and to relive poor travelers from trolling.
  6. Arnold Lutz

Congrats Fefa on being the first to complete one of the Dexter challenges. I'm Lutz in IRC I'll get you your prize.
    Lightshade likes this.
  7. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Prize or not, I am totally doing this with a zero taming ossytank build when I get a free day. Spawning all those bosses is going to take some luck as well :D
  8. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

As promised, I completed the Bronze challenge with the time I had today. Not sure if I will be able to spawn the higher ones and kill them all in a single day. We shall see :D

Keza Axer_7-30_11.09.jpg

Keza Axer_7-30_11.17.jpg

Keza Axer_7-30_11.45.jpg
  9. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Bumps for a fantastic thread!
    Beethoven likes this.
  10. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Right, i completely forgot about this!

@Arnold Lutz are the prices still a thing? i could imagine streaming that =D
    Beethoven likes this.
  11. Arnold Lutz

If your down to do ill still pay it. We can start fresh since years have gone by since anyone has done it. it will be like your the first to complete it again.
    Beethoven likes this.
  12. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I would be interested in the single (gold) challenge, but im down to do the partner thing if theres anybody willing to team up with me.

It is, however, an interesting challenge / contest!
    I would like to support it with Winner Statues for the first person in a category + first 3 duos when you relaunch it.

What do you think about a possible relaunch after the valentines oder easter event?
  13. Arnold Lutz

Ya, its always just kind of been an option for anyone to do at any given time as long as they record/ take some good screenies to document it.

Any player can complete at anytime year round.
  14. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I might have to give it a try again on my parry dexxer lol
  15. Jeebs

Jeebs Well-Known Member

Is clearing the spawn with a tamer until said boss spawns, and then only using a dexxer, legal?
    NM actually read through the rules thoroughly. :oops:
    I may be interested in attempting this.
    Zyler likes this.
  16. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member

Reminded me of seeing Proto running in the halloween instance, guards and all.... Was a refreshing sight to see!
  17. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member

Erza Scarlet likes this.
  18. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member

Hey if we can get first again might not be a bad idea :D
  19. crazydaze

crazydaze Well-Known Member

Do you even UO bro? :p

No! Again and again... Someone else needs to
    fooka03 likes this.
  20. Beethoven

Beethoven Member

Silver Chalenge will wait after the fluffy season...
    This was fun!

Attached Files: