Event Center

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Miami, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Was posted up in the event center a couple days ago, then I log back in and I’m dead in the inn at Britain. Only thing was I was wearing unblessed Vesper shoes. Was I killed or auto killed by the event center closing? Searched the forums for this but didn’t come up with anything.
  2. Fraggle

Fraggle Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Normally, you get kicked from the event center and randomly hidden in a number of spots. A player can reveal you and/or kill/lure a mob to relieve you from your belongings.
  3. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Same luck, my poor lumber dexer lost all his suit and my wife lost her nm, leson learned. :(
  4. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I ended up in Brit inn dead too. Went to ctf per announcement, geared up, waited a bit, looked at books and saw not starting for an hour so logged

Thankfully I changed back into civilian garb so didnt lose anything of value
  5. Jebus Bojangles

Jebus Bojangles Member
    UO:R Donor

On a side note, is the event center the same as the place you go via the green gate in occlo/brit/SB/glow?

If so, i cannot remember a time that I saw it closed off to anyone.

As it appears to be a little island of trammel in a felluca shard, it should be closed unless its actively in use.

If im just around when it is open, and it does close, then I rescind my statements, but as I said, I have always been able to jump in one of the green gates.
  6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Every once in awhile everyone gets booted by Chris. You can't log there so even if you log out character is still active ie can't log into another char. Some use center for secure trading. Also I guess you also are getting welfare plat so maybe some do that.
  7. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Not sure if it's true, but I heard your welfare plat time doesnt increase there.
  8. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Ya was a guess.
    Kinda bummed waking up dead although I did laugh and was thankful I didnt have CTF stuff equiped.