Event space in need of event ideas!

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Ningauble, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

War Games:

WWII recreation

West tower will be allied forces
    Center tower will be Nazis
    East tower will be Russian

Since its essentially 2v1 the Nazis should have an advantage of some sort.
    If we wanna make it more 'realistic' the allied should only be able to join after a certain amount of time elapsed and the russians can't use even GM weapons but should have more players on their team.
  2. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Bah propagating negative stereotypes. GM weps? The USSR tanks such as KV1 and T34 provided the impetus for Germany to upgrade their rapidly outclassed PzIV, which in fact were a minority of their arsenal during the invasion. Soviet weapons such as the semi-automatic SVT40 had mechanisms copied by the Germans to upgrade their own rifles (Gwehr43). The USSR produced some quality materiel during the war, certatinly not without shortcomings often related to the manufacturing process. Conversely the Germans were never able to produce a decent Diesel engine for their AFVs.

More manpower? The USSR forces were grossly outnumbered on the eve of the invasion: Perhaps 2.9million Soviet on the West Front vs Approx. 3.2 million Germans with another 800k allies such as Italians, Romanians, Hungarians and later Finland.

To sum up the USSR was not significantly inferior in equipment technology nor did they bury the Germans in bodies to the extent often perceived.
    Plenty of reasons to criticize USSR performance, lack of comms equip, lack of officers, political commissars, no logistics, disorganization due to massive re-org campaign, lack of domestic maps, lack of consideration for invasion potential...

Ergo your event idea is not 'realistic' :)
    Jupiter and Wise like this.
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Party pooper
  4. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

Ergo, history nerds. Amirite? :D
    Wise likes this.
  5. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

You guys are coming up with some great ideas. I think we can all have a lot of fun here. I would like to get the first event type and date nailed down soon. I'm going to shoot for early March as I'll need time to farm and prep, etc. Hopefully do at least one event per month if possible.

Keep the ideas coming. To cater to the different play styles I'd like to have a mix of pvp and non - pvp events. Perhaps we can get Telamon on board and even conduct some pvm oriented things with his help. It would be great to tap our talented RP community to come up with something quest oriented.

Thanks again for being supportive of this endeavor!
  6. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Would be happy to donate, let me know if anything is needed closer to the event.