Evs & Blade Spirits

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Double Vision, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Energy Vortex

[​IMG]

Blade Spirits

[​IMG]

Now I know that isn't correct. Bs having more hit points then a EV? Energy vortex are suppose to be beast with a lot of health..And not sure why it has Int/Mana if it doesn't cast magic.
  2. Abyz

Abyz New Member

Ya... EVs are def broken.
  3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I said the exact same thing in the Bug Reports section and it seemed to be ignored. Here's about all the important data I could find on them verifying that they were as strong as we all remember -

Google Groups, 12/13/1999 - https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... Sci6PFb6XM

[Eric A. Hall

> Ogre Lords are obscenely tough: There is NO WAY to melee one w/o a
    > couple of healers backing you up & a Vanquishing weapon in your hand.

My fisher/t-hunter will routinely use two blade spirits to take them
    down. It always takes at least two because the Ogre Lord always kills
    the first one. There are only a couple of critters in the game that can
    do that. Ophidian Knight-Errants are the other one. Anybody know of any
    other monsters that can actually kill a blade spirit regularly? Not
    dispel it but kill it.]

Currently here an Ophidian Knight-Errant could easily take down two Blade Spirits cast at the same time.

Stratics pages on Blade Spirits and Energy Vortexes from Oct. 14 + 15, 2002 -

http://web.archive.org/web/200210142241 ... rtex.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/200210150020 ... irit.shtml

Massive difference in HP values from current, which is partly why they were such beasts back in that day and age. They also did a whole lot more damage, even to creatures immune to poison... I don't believe they missed nearly as much (if at all) as they do here, but I haven't yet found anything on official Utlima pages addressing that.
  4. Luminary

Luminary New Member

I know during T2A blade spirits and energy vortex did not "miss". Every swing attempt they made at an opponent was always a hit, they were not capable of missing. The energy vortex also cast the spell harm, and curse on its opponent each hit. I believe there was a 3rd spell which it invoked on hit but I can't remember if that's true or what it is.
  5. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

The discrepancies surrounding summons (mostly energy vortex & blade spirits), along with other creatures will be addressed in the complete over-haul of the monster database. This will be a large patch and (should) also include corrections to the loot-packs where necessary. This is scheduled to be addressed soon, but at this time I do not have a set date when this patch will see publish.
  6. Abyz

Abyz New Member

THAT sounds exciting!
  7. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

Regarding the energy vortex's special abilities -

Stratics Magic page, November 16, 1999 - http://web.archive.org/web/199911160607 ... /magic.htm

[Energy Vortex: AKA "The Purple Llama of Death". This spell summons a purple cloud of energy that does a great amount of damage, as well as poisoning, cursing, and casting other attribute-affecting spells at the target. Occaisionally manifests as oddly-hued, but innocent-looking creatures. A great spell to save for that guy who really gets on your nerves.]

There are a couple of instances online of people quoting this from the T2A playguide -

[Vas Corp Por creates a quick-moving vortex of energy that will attack any creature coming near it. The vortex harms(An Mani), poisons(In Nox) and curses(Des Sanct) any creature that touches it.]

Couldn't find anything about them always hitting, but it sounds good ;)
  8. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

I know this is an old topic but as I don't believe the monster changes have been put in yet, I thought I'd share some new research on this. I shared a copy of the original Renaissance playguide in this board a while ago (here's the link again) - http://www.scribd.com/doc/97298472/Renaissance-2 . I was reading back over it when I came across the spell section and found Energy Vortex listed on page 77 with this description:

[Vas Corp Por (Energy Vortex)
    Vas Corp Por creates a quick-moving vortex of energy that will attack any creature coming near it. The vortex harms (AnMani;Second Circle),poisons (In Nox;Third Circle) and curses (Des Sanct;Fourth Circle) any creature that touches it.]
  9. jukeboxhero

jukeboxhero New Member

also, it seems like EV's get dispelled as soon as they are dropped, while at same time a blade spirit will not be dispelled for a minute or so, if even at all. Proven on a balron.