Explosion Pots my favorite loot....

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Keystone, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Keystone

Keystone Well-Known Member

Several big pvp fights lately....... and I have noticed a large increase in the amounts of explosion pots being carried by people..... however I never see anyone throw one anymore.... I fully understand when a big 5v5 rush is going pots are an after thought, however many good chances for a pot sync.... and it never happens..... but when you check that loot bag..... it has 30 purps in it......... honestly I am glad as a good pot chunker is a dangerous animal.... Disclaimer: I carry them myself and don't use them much either
  2. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I've never been able to master it but there are some who are awesome at it and very dangerous. How do people do it? I know it must be a macro because it's hard to time it just right manually.
    Mr. Green likes this.
  3. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

I'm too used to UOGamers pot timer/auto-tracking to want to relearn pot combos.
    Keystone likes this.
  4. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers
    UO:R Subscriber

I throw mine manually. Jump on test and have a buddy run from you while u get the hang of it. Then once you're comfortable swap roles and have them do the throwing!
  5. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

False. Manual is the only way. Macros are for noobs.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

Here's the trick...

Hotkey for macro #1: use explo (by type of course), wait 100ms, cancel target queue
    Hotkey macro #2: double click explo pot, target last target.

This allows you to hit hotkey #1 I'm the middle of whatever fucking dump you want without interfering target cursors, then when the timer gets close to throw time hit hotkey #2

Tested it out a lot and it was working flawlessly for me. It is essentially the same as manually throwing them but with a cancel target queue in there so you can throw them in the beginning of dumps, middle of dumps, and the end. Works great with explo explo pot eq too.
  7. Mandevu

True pros drink/cancel/pause/re-drink/throw ...while casting.
    Balgami likes this.
  8. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing a trick, I drink explo, cast whatever spells and drop them (could be double weaken or an ebolt), re-drink and throw. Is cancel target really necessary?
  9. Mandevu

No it just allows you to see exactly when your spell is up instead of assuming the spell cursor has overridden then pot cursor and thus accidentally last targeting your pot pre-maturely instead of the spell.

Example/ Cast explo, drink/cancel, target spell, start second spell, re-drink pot, throw, target second spell.
  10. merlin8666

merlin8666 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I can do Mandevu, with the exception of cancelling expo pot, I drop the spell when I "feel the cursor has changed.

Thanks for explaining though.
  11. Theodin

What I explained is exactly like manually throwing them like I said, with an escape added
    I was helping people who are struggling throwing them. Personally I have a manual explo hotkey, the 2 part macro, and an auto one. I use all 3 depending on the situation. (Except the auto one because it backfires half the frigging time)
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Animal Control likes this.
  12. Balian

Balian Active Member

What’s the point in mastering pot throws if you’re just going to stay indoors? Field 1v1s & duels are non existent.
    Althorn likes this.
  13. Theodin

Go learn to duel then

I'm confused by your statement because (explo) pots are good in every situation I can think of...
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  14. Balian

Balian Active Member

Please name me these 4 to 5 people who are dueling because I must be missing them :rolleyes:
  15. Theodin

I did name them bro
  16. Balian

Balian Active Member

Those guys dont play here anymore
  17. Balgami

Balgami Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

One sure way is running around, you know for sure your spell is up if you are able to move. Canceling the pot target is necessary if you are going to queue the spell cast. For stuff like eb pot eb more often than not you want to fast cast the second eb so moving around works fine. Although I will admit I missed my fair share of kills for running a few tiles instead of canceling and queuing...
  18. Mandevu

I was just messing around. I don’t know shit anyways