Faction Idea

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Double Vision, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Since the pk ideas aren't working out I been thinking about how we could increase factions, Like what could be added to make people actually wanna join factions and fight for ownership of the towns while saying active during the time sigs aren't up for grabs and this is what I came up with.

Each Factions have there own faction mobs.

Minax: Ogre Lords
    Council of Mages: Wisps
    True Britannian: Silver Serpents
    Shadowlords: Daemons

How about this.

If a faction owns 4 towns or more then the opposing faction monsters silver increases + loot ( maybe a rare drop % chance for items that have to do with factions ) but only if they owned at least 4 towns, if they don't own the towns then these monsters would drop what they drop now. If this was to work correctly the way I'm thinking of, It would make people wanna join factions even pvmers and want to own towns. Then when the towns are owned by a faction, during those 3 days people would want to farm Opposing faction mobs on there faction characters so faction fights could be active all week instead of just when Sigs go up for grabs.

So it does 3 things for factions:

1. Makes people wanna fight hard for sigs
    2. Increases people wanting to use there faction characters more then every 3 days.
    3. Allows faction combat 24/7 instead of just when the sigs are up for grabs.

Granted Christmas is coming up so this wouldn't be a quick need to do right now fix but after the new year would be a good time to look into it.

Opinions?
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Eh... Good idea but people who don't want to faction will complain. We just need to focus on continually increasing the servers population. This is something that will happen over time, and there really are no incredible changes that need to be made in order to make it happen. As soon as my factioner is complete, and I can get out and farm some gold for supplies, I will be roaming cities daily looking for faction fights. Others just need to do the same.
  3. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

That's good if your looking for faction fights running around town for an hour hoping to find someone, but this idea gives an Incentive to want to own towns + be out on your faction characters. I understand the population part but server haven't increased in activity since beta to live. I think 120 or so was considered alot now it's on average 90s and almost half of that is 2nd accounts macroing etc. Not saying it won't increase just saying it could take awhile for that to happen. This is Just an idea -
  4. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I'm still noticing the swish swish swish of melee on the final blows so my factionier is pretty much on hiatus.

My macer and my fencer on multiple mobs can get the life down to a smidgeon, pretty much steadily, then no go, 7 - 10 swings til a hit. I know, RNG but I'm just not seeing it. That's jsut against mobs, couple that with an opponents wrestling or defensive wrestling... can't compete. I'd rather just get jumped on my farmer every once in awhile by a red then go out and look for a mage to pwn my face for stat loss :)

tl;dr My toonage be suckin at factions so I don't really participate :lol:

Edit: DV your sig is driving me nuts, fix the word peope ;)
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Get more active in faction then! where is tb at these days. Figured since TB was mainly pvm charcters from what I was told they would be on board with this idea.

sig fixed*
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think it's a decent idea and well thought out, but not necessary. Faction activity is low for the same reason a lot of things are slow. People are still training and getting situated here before they start losing resources to playing Factions.
    Also, as Vandyke stated, the dexxer-gimp effect is still pretty strong. I don't speak for everyone but a LOT of us don't run heal/stun mages. The miss rate when swinging high end weapons with GM melee skills, against anything, mob or player, is extraordinarily high especially toward the bottom of their health. This isn't just my perspective, but several people who have surrounded mages with me and watched them mini-heal and WALK away, not run. This is clearly completely wrong and needs to be fixed, in my opinion. There is no way in my mind a mage, or ANYONE, should survive if surrounded by 2-3, or more, dexxers swinging, unless someone else is casting the heals on them.
    Maybe we're all just imagining it because it affects us, but I'm not confident that melee and/or mage's ability to not get hit, is correct.

Anyway, back on the point. If a Faction owning a town gives them an opportunity to farm higher amounts of silver, doesn't that only benefit those in power?
    What's the little guy to do about town control if the Faction in power farmed enough silver to fill their towns with guards and traps?
    Defeintely don't agree on the % chance for rare drop.

Seems like a slippery slope but keep the ideas coming.
  7. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it boost gold dropped as well? If you are the little guy (aka no town) you go to those spawns and hunt down the farmers and drop them. How can people who don't want to faction complain about this? Risk vs reward, they should be happy the guys killing each other are in factions and not a random pk at blood ele's haha.

I made a thread about missing at low health, that is a myth. :lol:
  8. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I've read the missing at low health thread, myth or not, it still happens. I've had it happen on mobs, on fellow guildmates on opposite sides of CTF, and in Factions. First few hits drop health average to decent. Get the oponent, mob to the bottom of their health bar and swish swish swish.

Anybody can throw any amount of numbers and stats etc etc at me, but from personal experience with melee, I have found the Ghost in the Machine :lol:
  9. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

Yeah, when fighting at gm you have 50% chance to hit. When they are above 50% health you hit them, when below you dont. :D

We had 4 SL out the other night and all different builds and none were stun mage.
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Factions is a team effort, When fighting, When getting sigs, when guarding sigs, same should be for farming. I've heard many times over from TB that the only reason you guys die is cause your on pvm characters and either way you still have to farm them anyways to farm silver to begin with even if this wasn't added. As for rare drop it wouldn't be rares like you think.. it would be something faction related "Eye of the storm " etc. This is an idea it's not necessary like alot of stuff being suggested but still an idea.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

LOL, who said that exactly?
    I honestly don't know anyone in TB with a PvM character. Can you name one, that's not a tinker or sigil thief?
  12. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

You've all said it as an excuse, but of course now it's changed. But w/e Blaise your right, your always right everyone is always wrong and you are the smartest person on the server who has never ran a successful shard. K ? Done replying.
  13. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

My guy always swishses on final blows.... but Otis never misses
  14. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

I dont understand why everyone hasnt just created a sheep farm and got rich? wtf is wrong w/ you ppl.
  15. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

Faction vendors arent even significantly cheaper than regular vendors....

ORE pile for 16 gp??? thats 8 gp per ingot THATS 1 INGOT CHEAPER that gives NO incentive to own or fight for towns this is ridiculous....

WHY IS FACTION TAXING DISABLED???????????????

THAT IS THE BIGGEST INCENTIVE TO FACTIONS COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNN TELAMON..... PLEASE LEAVE THE PVPERS SOMETHING INSTEAD OF SPENDING ALL YOUR TIME GIVING CRFATERS EVERYTHING THEY WANT??? YOU CANT EVEN LEAVE FACTION TAXES???
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You are a blatant liar. No one, at least in Faction Time, has built a PvM char for Factions. We are all fighters and have spent MAYBE a couple hours farming silver and that was over a month ago if I recall. I think maybe some others have done some silver farming too while I'm not around. I'm not always right, but you are very often a damn liar to support your own ideas. Please, if you're going to devolve to trash talk AGAIN, take it to the appropriate forum. I am perfectly in my right to share my opinion and if you want to assume I'm the smartest person here, that's your own choice.

I know I'm not (at least not likely) but I'm not so dimwitted that I fabricate statements made by other people to support my claims.

The Staff has made it perfectly clear that the benefits of Factions were removed to be investigated for what is going to have the least negative impact on non-Faction players. Either wait for that to get prioritized or stop playing Factions until it does.
  17. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Without sounding accusatory, DV I believe you may have misread or misunderstood. I know I have posted more than once that A^T is PRIMARILY a PvM guild, but I never made excuses as to our Faction element dying due to using PvM characters.

I know I die on my factioner due to the fact that I don't PvP enough to get good at it. Yet. Dying and stat'ing and rezzing and getting rez killed is a deterent for me on my Factioner. I like having my toon made and in factions but it really isn't my first choice of playstyle.
    I do, however, like to view the opinions from outside the box and comment on what would and wouldn't work as far as PvP goes. But it still isn't my first choice.
    Primarily, I like to make toons and level them up. That's my niche. I do it slowly (no 7x yet) but I do it to how I like :) Also I have Toon A.D.D. I flip flop on who and what I want to do on a daily, if not hourly, basis :)

As to my guildmates and their Faction toons and playstyle, well that's for them to discuss.
  18. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

no blaise im not but i love how you skip everyones messages and focus on mine , we all know you are jealous and have a thing for me but I don't swing that way so get over it .
  19. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Just like you ignore my perfectly valid commentary on the topic at hand, to attempt more trash talk. You're ruining your own threads with this kind of chatter.

Save it. We all know who's jealous here.