Faction Recalling & Invis

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Double Vision, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

If I just ressed my Factioner, went to the bank and grabbed a rune to recall with and a scroll or regs and you ran up and aggro'd me, it would be lame that I can't recall home. I'm in stat, not equipped for a fight and just trying to get home to restock and re-equip for later fights.

Thank you Zagyg for understanding why I'm asking for data to back up something that was claimed to be %100 correct. If it were posed as an idea, I would still argue against it because I'm not inclined to be subject to standing around getting smashed at the whims of others.

If five enemies rush on screen, my only courses are to die, run or Recall out. Most often, I just die, but hell, if it's gonna save my vanq hammer from a 5v1 gank, hell yeah I'm gonna Recall.

As such, prove it, or move it. It's an idea that suits the gank, not a good fight. Like I said though, I'm not going to quit, or stop playing Factions if this IDEA is implemented.
  2. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

Well if it seems like it's being presented as a fact its because we have played under these conditions, so it seems unfamiliar to be able to do things you were previously not able to do. And you're right, it makes it difficult to get away. If you're only comparison is a shard that you could recall away under any circumstances then it will feel like it's a hindrance.

But I'm not going to pretend that I can remember perfectly that it was like that on osi, because I have played different places between there to here. But I will say that the majority of the time I remember playing, you were not able to recall if you were engaged in combat and you had more then 0 short term kills(as a non faction char). And especially getting stuck at moongates with a sigil because someone got a lucky attack last on me or a magic arrow. And I was surprised as hell when I could cast recall while standing inside of a faction base.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Key word = engaged
    If I do not choose to engage combat, when I am attacked, then combat is not joined or....engaged.
  4. Tater Salad

Renaissance Volunteers

The point is you chose to engage in combat when you clicked on a faction stone.
  5. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

All im seeing is excuses for dodging in faction fights. I'm glad they changed faction vendors to require rank to buy off them, meaning you cant buy off your vendors unless you actually go out and fight.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Please, list all the times I've Recalled out of a Faction fight.

Oh good, I see you're done. The number of times is 0.

Good game though trying to get people gimped to suit your gank-nam style, op op op op, opa gank-nam style.

You're wasting you text bumping this thread. No one has ever been forced into not recalling for being attacked, Factions or otherwise. Unless you return the attack, you are free to leave the area at will.

If you want to keep talking shit, I will only shit on this thread going forward. I tried to be nice saying I wouldn't be upset if they implemented it but clearly you're offended that I asked you to backup what you claim to be fact with actual evidence. Not a code snippet that has literally 0 detail regarding Factions or aggression state.

Tater, I don't know how many times I need to state that Factions does not only involve fighting for it to sink in. Are you having trouble reading? Faction crafting was in fact removed much much later in the game, but it is going to be here and crafters should not be subject to you attacks, or rather, not forced to sit there and take it with 0 combat skills.
  7. Tater Salad

Renaissance Volunteers

You only need to state it once. Only you feel the need to repeat yourself. I don't know what you think faction crafting is but it makes items for your faction chars. So if you think you're going to be making things on faction chars for a different reason then you know something I don't? Also unless you are appointed staff any requests from you for "data" or "how many times do I have to repeat myself" will most likely be ignored by everyone.

I know your idea of fun is forum and irc trolling getting the last word in. But it is starting to turn suggestion threads into unproductive "lets move this to trash talk" quests for some people. Lets act like adults, state opinions and leave it at that.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Faction Crafting is the crafting of Faction Specific items and the opportunity to make Faction Blessed items, potentially. It's not a service you sign up for, it's a ROLE someone plays in your Faction. Generally speaking, this would be a non-combative character.

Do you understand now? Or am I missing some other understanding of what Faction Crafting is?
  9. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

The Faction System is a broad game system designed to promote organized player conflict within the society of Britannia. The fundamental goal of the conflict is to provide a foundation for player conflict based upon meaningful and contextual combat and conflict-related interactions. The system is designed to encourage the inclusion of a wide array of player types through the use of game mechanics that appeal to a broad set of play-styles.

gg
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Interesting that you didn't bold or underline the relevant point in that copy/pasta.
    "The system is designed to encourage the inclusion of a wide array of player types through the use of game mechanics that appeal to a broad set of play-styles."

Including, but not limited to, crafters. ie: non-combative

gg
  11. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

GG? The whole thing explains it was designed for conflict and combat., it does not say your safe if your a crafter in combat you get special treatment. Also it says to encourage all player types but that does not give you special treatment , it 's all and everyone who joins factions not specific few..... freaking crhist are you blind? Including but not limited to crafters non combative you added to try to save face but you can't make up shit to try to not look bad you lost this thread so GG in deed.

If you wanna argue with me please post "DATA" "PROOF" as you call it to back up your claim that crafters get special treament in factions since that seems to be your argument in everything and everyone else is looking up "DATA" while your argument is whatever is at the top of your head at the time. Even if it's not the case that your allowed to recall if your not the aggressor your still wrong on the fact that crafters get any special perks from being in combat, it would apply to all players including pvpers.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This isn't a hard data discussion, because none has been brought to the table.
    My OPINION (get a dictionary if you don't know what an opinion is) is that crafters, or really anyone, should be able to recall when attacked.
    If one engages the attacker, certainly, you can't back out then. Otherwise, I disagree with your IDEA, but still would not complain if it were implemented.

But really, are you blind? It clearly states, hard fact copy from the actual release notes/patch notes, 'a wide array of player types'.

I can translate....NOT ONLY FIGHTERS.

I understand you can't argue your opinion without trash talk, so why not just start all your threads there?
    "Freaking christ"
  13. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

You don't need "Data" for everything like you guys are claiming because otherwise where is the data the way pet bonding is now and why when we do post data about stuff the argument is oo we'll this isn't an era accurate server. Rather you except "Data" when we post it or you're sticking with this isn't era accurate server. You can't go back and forth on you own opinions when it suits you best. Even is there is no data it would fall under history perfected like alot of stuff here. As for the crafters etc your dead wrong on the that, factions is strictly combat based, only reason crafters join is to make weapons, traps and armor for Combat.

Also it's not trash talk i'm stating the truth, everyone knows Factions is strictly combat related and everyone including crafters takes risk, when you can find somewhere in patch notes that crafters got special treatment from combat i'll take you serious untill then everything your saying is your own opinion not fact. I posted my fact already strictly from OSI and the intentions of factions.

You don't have to agree with me but at least make a sensible argument when replying.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I never said you have to agree, but you have not posted facts in regards to your IDEA of how it worked. There is nothing to back it up and all I'm saying is that you need to accept that it is an IDEA you are presenting, not historical fact. You posted details about Factions highlighting parts that suit support of your IDEA but absolutely no where did it indicate that anyone can't Recall out if they DO NOT ENGAGE IN BATTLE.

As an IDEA, it's not terrible. I don't think it's right to subject crafters to it. I don't think it's right for fighters either. Yes, I signed up for Factions to fight. Do I have to every single time?

No. It's not in the code, it never was and I personally don't feel it should be. As I've said about half a dozen times now, I will not be upset if your IDEA is implemented, even though it's just basically Trammel-gank material for you and whoever you're rolling with. I'll just be more prepared.

So please, keep being ignorant of me accepting your idea as a valid idea, but denying it as historical fact until you back it up with factual data. It's really helping your case. /sarcasm
  15. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

Conversation is over, I get tired of talking to a brick wall.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Me too. I look forward to many years without this idea being implemented.
  17. Messiah

Messiah New Member

Love how this guy thinks he has a say in anything lol.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Love how this guy has hardly anything to say other than who has room to say anything.

Just sharing opinions and my opinion is that it shouldn't happen. The likelyhood of it happening is slim and it has nothing to do with my opinion.
  19. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  20. Messiah

Messiah New Member

how is the likely hood of it happening slim? cause you say so lol? ok buddy :roll: