Faction Recalling & Invis

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Double Vision, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Since you asked, I find the likelyhood slim because not only was it never an actual mechanic on OSI, but it really only suits the gank.
    If someone's ready to fight, they're not likely to Recall out. Also, it would be subjecting anyone who is found, as has been said, to being effectively stuck, while the rest of the attacker's friends/factionmates rally up to slaughter the guy.

It's fairly simple. If you engage in combat, you cannot Recall out of it immediately. If you decline to engage your attacker, you are free to turn tail and run until you are ready to engage.

Well, that and the insulting manner in which the OP defends his idea as fact. I've been trying to say this whole time that it's an idea and I wouldn't complain, despite disagreement. But the more he replies with attack, insult and ignorance of the point of my responses, the less attention he'll get. Perhaps that's just a guess, but I'd wager it's a good one.
  2. Autolycus

Autolycus New Member

Probably because its a 180 turn from what we have now.

Im not sure why you guys think the sun sets on Blaises behind but all he has are opinions,Telamon and Co listen to his just like they listen to yours and mine,then do what they think is right.
    Now Blaise happens to have a LOT of opinions,and as a result maybe you see what he likes happening more often because he mostly likes whats on this server.

It really would be nice to see DV and Messiah actually give an opinion on the topic instead of telling Blaise how stupid he is and how the devs only do what he wants.....

It gets old after 40 or 50 times.
  3. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Constructive conversation & feedback does not consist of players antagonizing other players on the forums.

I will not continue to moderate these threads daily, only for them to continue to degrade into personal attacks or vendettas against other players. If you cannot conduct yourself in an appropriate manner and obey the forum rules, your ability to post in the discussion forums & sub-forums (or all forums) may be revoked.

Forum bans or restrictions will be issued where necessary going forward if the topic derailing cannot be resolved.
  4. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I did myself a favor and put them all on foe, so no more problems will occur from me at least.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

After some recent battles and discussions, I'm much closer to on the fence with this one. While I don't feel it appropriate for anything outside of Factions or Warring guilds, enemies being able to Recall out without restriction when under attack is counter intuitive in regards to the entire premise of Faction and Warring combat. While I don't want anyone's Faction Crafter getting insta-ganked, I'd be willing to say that they very well should not be in town without proper guard.

I know things got fairly serious in this thread in regards to data and opinion, but my opinion is changing ever so slightly. If you must know, I place full blame on HateCrime for sweettalking me into thinking this idea makes good sense.
  6. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Of course it makes sense, its war. Sometimes numbers are on your side, sometimes they are not. But under no circumstance should you be able to just say "fuck this I don't wonna fight." In that case, you shouldn't have been on a warring character. And if you dont want to fight, aquire GM running asap.