Faction Statloss potential bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Blaise, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I got into stat on a character with 70 Magery, which resulted in 58.4 Magery after Faction Statloss.
    The issue is that at this point, I was unable to recall after approximately 30 attempts. Immediately on stat recovery, I was able to recall on the same rune.
    On test, with 70 Magery, I was reduced to 60.5 Magery, and %14.0 statloss (for that skill). GM skills all got %20.
    I cast recall on a known good rune for ~450 attempts with 0 success untill staloss wore off. :)

There should be no issue with Recall at 58.4 Magery aside from some fizzles.
  2. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I experienced something similar yesterday when I died in shame. After statloss, I was at 80 magery and couldn't cast invis, just fizzle after fizzle after fizzle. At 80 magery, I should still have a decent success rate on 6th level spells. Something is definitely messed up.
  3. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

Casting invis(circle 6) at 80 magery should have similar results to casting res(circle 8) at 100/GM. My result is usually fizzle fizzle fizzle fizzle...
  4. Punt

Punt Well-Known Member

I literally ran out of regs trying to cast it, I'd say it was ~80 attempts to cast. There is a bug somewhere.
  5. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

6th circle @ 80 magery should be approximately 70% chance for success -- it definitely shouldn't fizzle more than a few times. A bad streak is possible... but if 80 failed casts is correct, something is definitely wrong.
  6. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

This does appear to be a bug & without having looked into it further than running a handful of spell-casting tests while suffering from stat-loss on the live server, it would appear that while in stat-loss attempting to cast any spells which are of a circle that your reduced skill in magery cannot cast at a 100% success rate will fail indefinitely.

I'm not yet sure whether or not this extends to functions beyond spell casting efficiency.
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This is still a problem. :)
  8. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

free bumps for change! Hiding is also an issue. At GM hiding pre and 80 hiding post stat you should have a moderate chance of success. Failure rate is 100% on hiding in faction statloss
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

It's gonna be a global thing like Ez said, I was just getting the thread bumped for a nudge and a notice to new folks who I saw experiencing some of this.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

This is planned to be resolved for Patch 53. Testing solutions now.