Faction Status page

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Vandyke, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

While the faction Status page seemed pretty awesome at first as it let you know what was going on with sigils and town control, i am starting to rethink my view on it.

I feel that sigils should be checked on. Search the town to see if it is there, if it is stealable. Don't show us whose stronghold it is sitting in while corrupting, make us search it out through recon.
    Hmm I see that CoM has 12 peopel on, I think I will stay outta town. bah, let me wannder in to a group of them unknowing.

Don't get me wrong. I liked checking the status while at work, but I am thinking that the page gives us too much info.

For town info, give us who controls, their Officials names and that should be good.
    Take away all online status info from Faction members names.
    Leave the corrupting, purification info to us to find out on our own.

As it is, I can check online and think, ok Minax has the sigil i want and only 1 is on. Hop on my thief and recall in at a safe spot, run in grab and return to TB base. Ok well thats it for factions for a bit.
    it would be more of an adventure if I had to search it out, avoiding unknown amounts of opposing factions, if any then upon returning, wonder if any of their members are on and will be making a show anytime soon.

I know, "just don't check the faction Status page" It's a tool, it's there, I'm going to use it. why set myself at an unfair advantage to the other factions because I want the added challenge for all.
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I thought it was a cool page but you are correct! I remember back in the day having to run around searching, didnt know who was online or guarding what. You would just have to get information from some scouts. The map is fine for who controls what but where and who is currently capturing or the town purification needs to go.
  3. Luminary

Luminary New Member

This whole topic is rather irrelevant if you guys actually defended your sigils. On numerous occasions now, I have been able to simply walk into your base (TB) and take all the sigils and walk out. Whether or not the faction page remains, it really doesn't matter because unless you actually guard your sigils somebody will always come and take them.

Also, I agree and would campaign to keep the sigil corruption at 24 hours. This is how it was back in the day (OSI) and the only reason I am seeing that people are wanting them to be reduced in corruption time is because they cannot guard/keep them & corrupt them. It took me and a friend of mine (who brought me to this server) a whole whopping 2 days to take office and capture the towns, putting a moderate faction-guard enhancement at the base which completely stopped the drone-thieves in TB from taking the sigils back.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yes, but had the page not stated who is online and where the sigils were it wouldnt be; recall to TB, steal, walk out. It would be more along the lines of going to each stronghold cautiously and stealing them. Of course it doesnt do much now with almost nobody logged in currently. I also think more people would be out on faction characters, currently you can look and see... oh no opponents why bother patrolling? I am sure a few others think alike and dont bother bringing theirs out.
  5. Luminary

Luminary New Member

I personally, actually never use this page unless I am browsing from my mobile. If I am at the computer and actively online/playing, I recall to CoM and check my sigil status, if anything is missing, I go straight to TB where 95% of the time, my missing sigils are sitting.

There is also no point to "cautiously" go to each stronghold, because like I stated before you guys do not guard your sigils. You have a couple of drone-thieves who have no skills except stealing, and all you do is steal the sigils, dump them in your base, and then log-off, or do whatever it is that you do. I can count on 1 hand how many times somebody has been around to attempt to divert me re-stealing the sigils back.

This isn't a shit-talk post, but rather I don't understand why you guys do this, seeing as how you have the largest guild and amount of players in your faction. If you (A^T) would actually use team-work, I don't think any faction/guild on the server would be able to take them from you.
  6. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

As it stands, A^T is primarily a PvE guild who is working towards Faction PvP. Not everybody has taken the time out of our primary goals to 7x a PvP toon. Most of us ARE currently working on toons that may actually stand a chance at standing up to players like Deceased.

As far as largest amount of players in TB..yes we have quite a few toons in the faction, many are dual accounts. Not everybody is online at the same time as we have jobs in different timezones.

I was up til midnight server time and the sigils were still nicely tucked away in the TB base, so the CoM thief, in a different time zone, comes and gets them. No different when we grab them if CoM doesn't happen to be around.

Yes, TB will have your Sigils 95% of the time, becasue the players of the other two factions are no longer active. They became bored it seems and moved on.
    I have no problem if things stay the way they are. My posts are merely to help promote Faction play, not let it stagnate the way it is.

Also, quoting how things were back on OSI, well UO:R is about perfecting history, not mimicking it. They are ammenable to changing things to make the Era that probably should have been changed back then.

Nobody is asking for a permanent change. Just something to help get things kickstarted.