Faction Vendors/ Shard Favoritism

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mutombo, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well Faction Vendors do not sell things at any discount. Ore is 16 gp per pile of ore. That's 8 gp per ingot. Why even bother with factions if we don't get a discount for participating in pvp?

We have raised a lot of discussion regarding improving the PK system... All of them are being ignored.

So PvPers are suppose to go to factions.... We have historically ALWAYS been able to place vendors that sell Regs, Ore, Wood, etc at cheaper prices.... That is the incentive for participating in Factions AND owning the towns.... That way people LOG ON THEIR FACTIONS CHARACTERS and actually fight for the towns.

Now staff has actually nerfed the ONLY serious incentive to owning a town.... faction vendors. Yes staff says faction vendors HURT THE ECONOMY.... OMG

SO its offical.... the staff show blatant favoritism to crafters.... They have gone SO FAR as to remove the biggest incentive/ advantage given to people WHO FIGHT AND PVP.... They have killed faction vendors.

This is completely outrageous and should be fixed immediately. THIS SHOULD BE IN FRONT OF ITEM DELAY AND MAKING NEW RARES AND GARBAGE FOR CRAFTERS..... This should be infront of making new monsters.... and bosses.... This should be item number one.... BUT WHO AM I KIDDING??? They are going to continue nerfing PvP and factions and everything in favor of Trammelness and crafters.... thats the MO of this shard
  2. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

People say we cant change PK system because its a mechanic that has ALWAYS BEEN and worked fine....

BUT THEN STAFF turns around AND CHANGES a PvP/Faction Mechanic (to benefit crafters and mules big surprise) that HAS ALWAYS BEEN and always worked fine....

wow.... double standard???
  3. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor

4. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

The staff has been quite good to us. You get bent over one thing that hasn't happened quick enough for you and go on a forum rage against them?

PK system has only really been talked about for a couple of weeks, and the decent ideas have come up really only this past week. It's the holiday season. Give the staff a chance to go over things. They have lives too.

You are sounding completely ungrateful.
  5. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

I'm fine with waiting a little to have this fixed... I just want to know that they are gonna put the faction system back to the way its suppose to be. The way its always been. The way that has always worked. There SHOULD be perks to interacting in factions and owning towns.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

As I recall from Beta, the Faction system is under review for efficacy in a Trammel free UO:R. They are considering the many details of Factions and their impact on non-Faction players. The intention is to prevent Faction play from having any negative impact on non-Faction play, as it should be. Factions has not ALWAYS WORKED FINE, lol. Factioners would own a town and completely ruin resource access/costs for non-Factioners, from what I understand.

I think the amount of anger you worded in to your post is insulting and not constructive. You are throwing daggers in order to get changes done faster for what suits you. If you want it done faster, go build a shard.

I have patience enough to guess that there are enough things to be worked on, and so few staff, that things will get prioritized not by what is getting raged about the most, but by what the STAFF considers to be of more importance.

There is nothing stopping you guys from fighting, PKing, duelling, taking towns for fun. Not getting a handout is not reason to make angry posts. Sharing your thoughts is great, but it would be fantastic if you could do so without 'outrage'. This is a FREE shard and you have every right to just leave if you don't like how things are going. In fact, it might be better if you do take a break until more PvP options are fleshed out in the fine details. There is a LOT of work to be done here. Let's all just relax and play the game as best we can and share our experience and information.

Flooding the forums with 'This must be done because X, Y and Z' every day, is not going to make anything happen faster.
  7. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

Locked.

The OP will serve as a public example of how to get your forum access revoked or terminated completely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.