Factions; Heat of Battle

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by El Horno, May 1, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

How is justice applied to murderers? Please, tell me how statloss REALLY seems like justice with 3x accounts and retraining to 7x in a couple of days, tops.

I suppose it's easier to justify being freely criminal with literally no recourse for innocents that is tangible in any real sense, comparable to how they have been impacted by the criminals.

Heat of Battle will very likely be returned to those who initiate aggression in consensual combat (Factions, O/C, Warring) but I highly doubt it will be put back on innocents attempting to exact player justice on criminals.
  2. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

Again... simply because you do not believe that murderers have a hard enough life does not mean that there is no punishment for being red.

How does this relate to an optimum ruleset for Heat of Battle?

If you want to make a new thread that discusses imparting more penalties on reds, then please do so and have that discussion there.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This is a discussion about heat of battle and it is not applied to innocent players attacking criminals. If you want to make a new thread that discusses how to make easy street even easier for criminals, by all means, make another thread.

If you feel there's some reasonable justice being applied to criminals already, please share it.

The only thing that returning that flag will do, is facilitate criminals trapping innocents in a gank. There's absolutely no other valid reason to have that mechanic in place. An optimum rule set will leave cirminal/innocent flagging as it stands and return proper travel restrictions to consensual combatants initiating aggression.
  4. Liberation

it is a discussion about heat of battle in factions, actually (hence the title "Factions Heat of Battle"). discussion about criminals does not belong in this thread.

this is obviously a personal attack which mocks my previous directive.

post that thread up and i will happily enjoy discourse on that topic.

irrelevant to this thread.
  5. Liberation

in fact, since you're not even an active PvPer on this server and since you play UOLostLands more than you play UOR, i'm going to stop arguing with you.

i think you would rather cause harm to UOR's pvp systems than see them flourish so the pvpers will go to UOLL to play with you.

you really have no horse in this race.
  6. Theodin

Theodin Well-Known Member

is there a single person in factions who Doesn't want flee to be added because we need to get this shit going
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're so bad at discourse that you have to perpetually resort to meaningless and unfounded personal attacks. I login to refresh and occasionally help new players on UOLL with a very seldom CTF or tourney thrown in (I've done one tourney and like three CTFs). It's ok though, when I have a 40+ man guild on UOAC, to match yours, I'll send your guild a war invite.

As for this thread, the OP topic was Faction HoB. Clearly the discourse has expanded to include travel restrictions from aggression flagging in all regards. You're a smart guy, I'm sure you can wrap your head around the entirety of the conversation without falling to pieces and attacking people because you disagree.

The conversation has made it pretty clear that everyone wants HoB to return accordingly to Factions. Although some folks are a bit greedy and want it to apply to anyone they attack being restricted from fleeing as well. The former is almost certainly going to be put back in place while the latter is just ridiculous and will not likely ever be implemented because it serves no good purpose.