Fair and Balanced PvM templates?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by yaadood, Nov 18, 2012.

1. prancer

prancer New Member

Soooo much crying. These boss monsters should never be able to be soloed comfortably. By definition, bards are employed as poets and story tellers by greater monarchs to weave tales of greatness. Bards should be working in tandem with a tamer to take down bosses. IE discord and controlling of other spawn.

I BSed the grand vizer down with 70 magery. Guess how long that took. Id like to see warriors have a greater role aka proper spawning of slayers weapons. But mainly I think we should be forced to work in larger groups for the harder creatures.
    compsays likes this.
  2. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I totally agree with prancer. If anything we should be making the bosses harder so tamers can't hope to solo them. It would make me happy to see them spawn with a good amount of their lesser counterparts so as to give a bard more of a role in the boss slaying group, though.
  3. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Where were you guys when I started a thread saying the exact same thing a few weeks ago? No one replied to it at all. I got the impression people thought I'd proposed something obscene. Well, I support your (my) statements.
  4. yaadood

yaadood Member

This exactly. I point this out in conversation with a lot of people who run tamers. They say so what? But it's true, they can still make more money, exponentially faster.

And what you said earlier with boss spawns being "tamer friendly/bard USELESS" is so right about the current system. All I want is for it to not be USELESS to have a bard at ONE of the boss spawns, not all.
  5. Eisensaft

Eisensaft New Member

Maybe one could change the scripting so that some bosses primarily attack the players (and reveal) and not the pets. Think this might make bosses harder, since i agree, that they should be tough and most of them should not be soloable with a tamer or any char.