Farewell

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Qaddafi, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazy

Hazy Active Member

They don't want to believe that. Go to whatever server you plan on playing maybe the help of 3rd party programs will actually help you with pvp, because obviously it didn't here.
  2. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

So again, after reading the FAQ for the 3rd time, no shard rules or policies were broken correct? So why are people claiming account sharing is illegal and vengeance should be had? Or is this one of those "woe is me, something awful afflicted me due to someone I trusted and I think the server should make it right" things?
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Qaddafi

Qaddafi Active Member

• Account Limitations
    • • There will be a 3 account limit on Renaissance.
    • We are concerned with a balanced environment for our players, not with our online player count.
    • • There will be a limit of 3 accounts online per IP address.
    • Sharing access to your accounts with others is expressly forbidden.
    • This can result in the loss of access to the accounts in question.

http://www.uorenaissance.com/conduct

Do YOUR research Blaise. The problem here is that your head is stuck so far up your ass it has cut off the circulation. You sit there typing, "Blah, blah, blah," when those busy hands of yours should have been doing DIG, DIG, DIG.
  4. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

And the plot thickens!
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The word CAN is highly relevant in that topic. That means it is at the discretion of administration as to what should be done when sharing turns into a violation of some sort. Therefore, the account has been locked out as I understand it. IE: LOSS OF THE ACCOUNTS IN QUESTION.

The problem here is that you are super fucking mad and can't take answers that are given to you, no matter who gives them. You sit there typing "wah wah wah" when those busy hands of yours should be off playing whatever piece of trash shard you're threatening to go play on. Your two months time here is negligible at best and I wish you well in whatever shard allows you and your trash guild to run UOA/UOS to your heart's content.

Toodles.
  6. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

This is a blatant contradiction. I would like some clarification from the staff on whether or not account sharing IS or IS NOT allowed please. This is not for argument sake but for protection to myself should I share my account with my brother at some point (if he gets over the fact that UO graphics are "outdated"), am I putting myself at risk of account violation and losing my accounts?
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I agree it could stand to be more clear in those regards. It seems clear enough to me to understand it as "Don't share accounts with people because if they do something bad on your accounts, the accounts may get banned".
    Maybe I'm just an optimist or something but people have and always will share their accounts with friends, especially on free games.
  8. Qaddafi

Qaddafi Active Member

Am I mad? Do I look mad? I look rather silly if you ask me. :) Blaise, just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they are mad.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You dropped your properties and quit. Doesn't get more mad than that.

Oh wait, yeah it does. When you stick around to argue, debate and complain about why.
  10. Qaddafi

Qaddafi Active Member

Truth be told, I feel let down and at the same time relieved to not be tied down to this anymore. You are the one that comes off as mad bud.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I am mad. I'm mad that so many people attack Telamon for not jumping up and banning everyone who came close to being involved in this ordeal. I'm mad that as a guy who's doing a community service here, he has to deal with so many sniveling children who can't seem to understand the most simple of things. He is not God, as you said, so why do people expect him to answer their prayers?

I'm mad that he ever let Sandro play and be a GM too but it has been corrected. It hurt him more than anyone else to make that correction because despite a handful of misgivings, Ezekiel was actually helping get things done around here that mattered.

That being said, even if all my accounts got banned or dry looted and no one ever wanted to speak to me again, I would still play UO and this is where I would play it. It's a bumpy road we're on and the driver's getting fatigued. The kids in the backseat screaming about ice cream and bathroom breaks are not getting us to Disneyland any faster. Here's an empty snapple bottle and some trail mix. stfu.
    Descartes likes this.
  12. Miller-

Miller- Active Member
    UO:R Donor

• Sharing access to your accounts with others is expressly forbidden.

Can't be any more clear than that. If ever a reason to strictly enforce that , dry looting a guild with someone's else's account would be one of them. Much like other changes recently that had multiple people voicing concerns, a handful of windbags are able to derail valid points and come to staffs unyielding defense. It's a game, it's not fun when people don't follow the rules and the staff allow it. When the staff are too damn proud to ever concede a point, you leave.
  13. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Is the account not locked out now? They were in question and it has resulted in a loss of the account(s), no?

Policy enforced, please drive through.

But hey Miller-, let's go ahead and forget about the patch that allowed you to manage BoD books from your bank account, that was a DIRECT RESULT of you getting your entire collection stolen.

kthx
    DaTamer and Descartes like this.
  14. Miller-

Miller- Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Much like most of your knee-jerk responses to things that are nothing more than a desperate plea for staff affection this is no exception. What relevance one bullet point in a patch about BoD books 6 months ago has to do with account abuse is obvious, there is none. By all means, continue to be staffs pet that runs out and barks at anyone that questions his actions (or inaction), yap yap yap yap yap yap. When I spoke to Telamon about this issue yesterday he made it clear, there wasn't going to be anyone getting banned for this. If you can use someone else account and dry loot a guild house and not get banned, the server is a fkn joke.
  15. Caleb Holman

Caleb Holman Active Member

This is what makes you so fucking annoying. I don't see anyone attacking Tela, but you seem to want to fight anyone who disagrees with the verdict on this matter. He is the one who can do anything he wants on the server, stop arguing against that, because you know better. You keep talking shit, so yea the guys who quit are going to continue to talk shit back, you should fucking understand that. AGAIN a testament to how fucking annoying you are.
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sure that's why he's not around in IRC today. Because no one was all up in his shit making demands about what must be done to solve the problem they created for themselves. /end sarcasm

Again, a testament to how unappreciative and ungrateful all you manbabies can be (yeah, I'm stealing that word from Mes because I like it and find it applicable).

If you don't see everyone who's throwing a fit about this and quitting, or threatening to quit, as an attack on Telamon and UOR in general, then maybe you've spent too much time at the keys and a break will do you good.

Riddle me this: If he were to up and offer to return the ill-gotten goods, who would step up to the plate to claim them? All of IDOC? Some? Most? I mean, how is he to even know that it wasn't all Timbo's by rights and he didn't make a square deal behind closed doors with Hazy for said items?

Account shared was questioned and is locked out, with the items included. The situation has been handled accordingly and people are still ruining his shit about it.
  17. NONAMEALLSTAR

NONAMEALLSTAR Well-Known Member

my 2 cents:

#1 its a game we all enjoy, get over it. shit happens
    #2 its just pixels
    #3 you make choices in this game.
    #4 if it is not someone that you can kick in the nuts do not give them 100% trust.
    #5 NEVER EVER EVER GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO TO ANYONE (refer to #4)

#6 if you break any rules from 1-5 expect to get fucked.

#7 if you are a pk or help pk's please refer to every scenario where you killed someone (or the person you were grouped with) that was in shame killing earth ellys. If you feel as if you must kill everything you see because that is part of the game... like really, there is nothing more embarrassing than going to shame to kill earth ellys because anyone that is killing earth ellys is new to this game. You are giving them an experience of the d-baggery that goes on here. Such as the current situation of the "rage quits".

#8 shit happens, its a game. get over it. its a game. shit happens. welcome to the most brutal game that you can imagine and we all play it because we love it.

When you come back, I'll host a free loot for noobs in my LKeep, all the loot will be pure garbage and you will only take sandals because that is the only thing in there that you want, unless you fancy silver instruments.

(this is a shit talking free post, wish you all the best and hope to see you all back here one day)
  18. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor
    Renaissance Volunteers

I got no dog in this fight, just an observation & opinion

Sharing to me involves 2 or more people, the Sharer & the Sharee

Looks like the Sharer's account got locked out, good, but what about the other part of the equation? The Sharee..... Should there not be punishment for both?
    Apoc, Faber and Gideon Jura like this.
  19. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

The point was that you're seemingly still butthurt about mining changes and have all too quickly forgotten how much you were taken care of when you got ripped off for your entire BoD collection. The account has been locked out and rendered useless. You want everyone who's touched the loot or was involved to be hard IP banned I guess. It's not going to happen. No one should be banned for the poor judgement of one guild. If someone robbed A^T because we granted them access, whether it was really them on the account or not, it's absolutely not administration's problem. Not only that but people jumped to all kinds of conclusions about who did what and HateCrime was practically on the gallows before anyone realized he wasn't even involved.

You can be blind as fuck all you want but I'm no one's pet and Telamon has had plenty of earfulls from me and we've spent several weeks at odds before where we don't even speak to each other. Would you like to assume I wasn't one of the most annoying people PMing him about information I had regarding Sandro/Ezekiel? Yes, I support him and argue in his defense when I feel it appropriate but I'm no one's bitch. If you need me to write out a list of grievances I have with the shard, just let me know, but none of it will be news to Telamon.
  20. NONAMEALLSTAR

NONAMEALLSTAR Well-Known Member

my 3rd day on this server. there was a (fgt) named thor? or something like that. I was in the compassion desert and was currently taming a rattlesnake. I got all excited because I found a taming quest rare. Well this (fgt) named thor? decided to come up and PK my tamer!! WTF?! so i came back on my bard and I killed the rattlesnake. This little girl and all of his buddies have raged about it since that day.... Like fucking seriously?! you kill my char and then bitch about a rattlesnake?!

Few min later there were 6 KTT (fgts) outside of my house and i kept dragging my blue chars out to die to give kill counts. They happily accepted them. I happily gave them.

Since then, I was taming WW's in Ice and some dude that had the eval of a goat came up and tried to kill me while I was taming a WW. He was like "go fuck yourself killing thors? rattlesnake. Yes that (fgt) person also had no clue wtf he was talking about, but he was a dickhead in KTT. GO FUCKING FIGURE.

I guess I should of raged and deed'd my sandstone and been like "OMG this server is full of dickheads I quit".

NO THIS IS A FUCKING BRUTAL ASS GAME. I love it just like all of the rage quitters, I came back. My lady loves it and I love it. Granted now I highly dislike KTT because it has been NOTHING but douchebaggers from them since. It's not longer KTT its now (loves the cock)8(loves the cock) or something like that. No matter what you do to me in the game, there is something I could of done to prevent it. I know better, you know better.

Have fun playing UO for what it is and the glory. Bottom line, if you co-own someone that you cannot kick in the nuts or if you share your account info to someone that you cannot kick in the nuts, please expect to get fucked. Still love you all and I'll be here when you get back to kill your rattlesnake after you PK me.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BLAME TELAMON BECAUSE YOU GAVE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO TO SOMEONE OR YOU CO-OWNED SOMEONE YOU COULDN'T KICK IN THE NUTS. MAKES A LOT OF SENSE. ACTUALLY IT DOESN'T..... NO ONE FEELS SORRY FOR YOU.

YOU PROB VOTED FOR OBAMA TOO...
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    Infantry, MrCandyMan, Apoc and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.