Farewell

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Qaddafi, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Also in regards to access to Sandros characters I believe I had access to his thief account (might be his trap disarmer? not sure) and that was it. I ended up never touching the thing outside of using the char to rez a faction mount when his character had vet on it.
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

All of these guys have Minax chars but only bart is part of -3-. There was a giant skype call with all of these people in it since we had heard CoM and SL were out and about. SL attacked Google at destard who just so happened to be in the skype call at that time, so of course we all jumped at the opportunity to fight them since we haden't seen them on the field for so long.
  3. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Yes, sandros faction thief was also the tinker/crafter/vet for factions. That was the char he used to disarm traps.
  4. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I unfortunately have a hard time believing a lot of the stuff you say. Like I could believe what you're saying about those guys promoting UOF and using AUO because I had heard that too that they were using the UOR vent to talk about it regularly. But you and I both know you had 3 guys in TB a few months ago plus a HatecrimeX name changed to Step Four Profit in CoM. You said you gave the account to a friend but your friends said it was you playing it and the time we saw you on it you were playing next to your buddies in IDOC and it was obviously you. And then it's name changed or something and disappeared again I guess? Because I don't see that name on the DB anymore. The day that the IDOC guild got looted I saw Marvaless, Dread Lord Exile, Dread Lady Raven, and FatKidzLag on the online character thing, but I guess it could be accounts you gave away or maybe there's some quirks with the character's online page that I don't fully understand.

SneakyT logged in IRC a month or so ago and said in main that you stole his platinum and a turkey statue. I haven't seen him since but he did say it and you did say in this thread that you took things from him you felt you were owed. You also say in this thread that Hazy and timbo planned to loot the idoc guild long in advance. btw the guild you made and the guys you ran with daily even though you're acting like you weren't a part of them now, they were 100% the main people you played with daily here). And you were secretly moving characters to TB with hazy and timbo, and we're supposed to believe that they planned this in advance (timbo being a guy that I don't think was even active on the server, and Hazy playing here very part time, and you full time) and you didn't know anything about it. Forgive me if I don't believe that whatsoever. But I know you have no problem letting them take the fall for it and going right on playing with them, while treading on these guys that were your best friends in game this summer that you helped set up, factioned and pked with, and now you're condeming them and acting like you had nothing to do with them.
    Apoc likes this.
  5. meelj

meelj New Member

Read this, sink it in, and move on to the next message in the thread. I'd rather not derail this into a conversation for something it wasn't originally about, but I did feel a need to respond and clear the air about such a constant whining topic of nonsense.

It's impossible to give credibility or weight to long, drawn out statements made by players who automatically assumed that shared years of experience and basic timing along with what I thought was a standard knowledge of macros and hot keys is equivalent to in-depth scripting by iLLeGaL 3rd party programz. If they are willing to believe this, what else are they willing to say or do? I can't trust those opinions on any matter. That also seems a little off topic to the thread's original intentions and are pretty useless as some type of cheap shot thrown in the mix from players who I rarely see in game. If you aren't playing, why hang around? Seems like boredom. I do in fact play the game because I enjoy playing it, not because I want something else to play it for me.

First it was "party message sync-dumping", in which Telamon could monitor and already knew wasn't the case months ago, as of course everyone in our party could as well. Is it really hard for people to hit a button when someone says "Now"? Do people in an Olympic race not begin running when the gun shot fires? Really? I was told that we were going to be terrible when a *special patch* was implemented that would make this "party message syncing" not possible. Oh no. Patch implemented. Nothing changed. Nope, just calling drops and hitting buttons like everyone else, but I guess more efficiently? Sorry dudes.

Then it was "heal scripting". Do you know what absolute targets are? Smart targeting? Do you arrange your party bars in a simple and nice manner to easily access them? Do you let people know when a drop is coming on you so they can prepare? Do you drink a cure potion when poisoned? Of course you do, but again, must be an issue of efficiency. Sorry dudes.

Now it's "auto-looting corpses". If by auto-looting, you mean the fact that I often take a pouch in my cursor mid-battle and run it behind a random building wall before someone else loots it or is resurrected, then I'm guilty. Otherwise, I am indeed fairly fast at dragging items with a higher than average mouse sensitivity and by simply moving my backpack next to the corpse window and holding shift when dragging items, but not as fast as some people I know. I guess you could try those two things. Budou rarely loots, if ever. Strange accusations. Desperate and silly. Sorry dudes.

Very easy to just ask inquiring questions instead of making tired assumptions. Very easy to join a Skype call with us or ask me to stream live for a night to settle your fears.

Or don't. Either way.

Hope that closes the books on the troll efforts.

As for Telamon, I've played many servers in my time and haven't found an administrator near his level of professionalism and work ethic. Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention I argue with him quite regularly and still feel this way? The server is free, and quite a steal at that price. Don't complain about free, that's called being selfish. It's not always going to go your way, that's a sign of a healthy community. The effort put into pleasing everyone is a mistake that absolutely destroyed many servers in the long run. I would gladly lose some of you players for the long term picture of the shard. I come and go on this server from month to month, but I doubt I'll ever quit.

Be good to yourselves.

Love,
    JLeeM
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    Slayerik, Hazy, Avery and 3 others like this.
  6. Skynyrd2

Skynyrd2 Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I did not read this entire thing nor do I have the energy to do so.
    But I will reiterate on the last point JLeem made.

The only interaction I have had with Telamon was short and not under the best of circumstances. I also am not as active as many of you and normally take part in just pvp when it is present(which is very rare).

I am not a fan of the UOR era whatsoever. I have extensively played many UO Free Shards with various populations. Regarding the actual server (not the player base) this is most likely top 1 or 2 free servers ever made. The dedication Telamon has poured into this server is second to none. The cross between an old school feeling and new content is amazing. Do we even need to touch base on the website?

The main problem he has is the community its small and hinders it from growing. Although he did a fantastic job of growing it. The "loudest" are hindering it from growing and continuing to bring down what is a great free server. Most of these loud individuals unfortunately do not even play here.
    Zyler, Avery and Ervin like this.
  7. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member

Please guys, take a short break and realize one thing ... there is nothing to win in this thread, you can all only loose.

It is impossible that this leads to any conclusion, stop wasting your energy on it.
    Mandevu likes this.
  8. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

It can. You'll just never know about it :p
    ReZon and Dalavar like this.
  9. napo

napo Well-Known Member

My favorite Sandro story is this one.

One of the first things that TT did when we came to the server was to take a look at the purple potion mechanics - people were using macros that would auto-cook purple pots and hit you with them at the last second, making them basically impossible to dodge.
    We took our concerns about it to Telamon, and he assured us that his pvp guy Ezekiel was telling him that it was impossible to make a macro that would hit perfectly with purple pots.
    So we took a look at it, Falanor made a macro that worked perfectly in about three minutes, and then we took all of that crap to Telamon and after very extensive testing were able to convince him that it was possible to make such a macro and the problem was eventually fixed.

Who were the main people using those macros at the time? I'll give you guys a hint: It was crew. And one of the most prolific users was sandro, who was running a purple pot spamming runic fencer at the time.

You can imagine how surprised I was when I found out that the guy who was assuring Telamon that you couldn't make a macro like that was using it against us while all the time telling Telamon that it was impossible.

Anyway, setting all of that business aside.
    There's no point in arguing over a bunch of accusations that we can't prove. Obviously, Hatecrime and friends are going to deny it.
    What should be happening is Telamon looking into it. He has the tools to find out things that we as players can't and he should be using them to find people who are breaking the rules to punish them. So far, the only person I've seen punished is Liberation, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't the guy using a network of shared accounts to loot a house and make people quit.
    Apoc and Gideon Jura like this.
  10. Mandevu

None of us used a macro bro, and still don't. Drink pot, cancel cursor, cast spell, re-drink pot, last target, target spell. All manual. It isnt hard to do it by hand. And this isn't the first server to have had very similar mechanics. The way it is now is better for y'all, but where we came from you could toss them at people on the run endlessly until you ran out without missing. Whether that's accurate or not I'm not sure, but I don't think people had programs like razor to have hot keys like they do now which I'm sure exposed the ability to abuse purples. Even with the current system, as long as you aren't at a dead sprint, I can still hit you every time while spell comboing if you stay on screen.

Again, it's just humorous to hear "we were the main people using those macros" when that's another untrue statement. It's just a matter of being able to time them. Our deal was that while we knew macros were possible, they were prone to screwing up, timing out, or some other strange glitch in the macro that would ruin the assault so to speak. That was something we learned years ago and the reason we stopped using macros for throwing purples, and switched to manual tossing. Either way I don't really see how that's a big issue. It has been fixed, and Sandro stepped down from admin a good while back. If that's what you want to use to discredit what he's done for the server then I'd say your issue is more if a personal one than a realistic one. You should have seen pvp mechanics on the default coding.. It was impossible to take pvp serious.
  11. napo

napo Well-Known Member

Oh, Roman. Sometimes I can't tell if you're hopelessly naive or just a lying sack of shit.

There was also that time Sandro showed up to all of our fights for two weeks straight (even the ones he shouldn't have known about). He was so reliable about that that we accused poor Bart of leaking info to Minax about a dozen times. He also was very good at showing up to our secret champs just in time to hit the boss.
    Or that time that champ spawns were giving too much silver at level 1 and he abused it to get all of his ethereals before Tel was able to scale things back down. That was another really ethical thing he did while he was a GM.

I understand that you want to defend him, but he was a pretty shady dude. He was a good player, but his ethics left a lot to be desired.
    Blaise likes this.
  12. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

Back on topic.

Can someone with a fortress lend me your account info? I just want to see how it is decorated....
  13. Mandevu

Eh, I'm not wasting any more time on this. Napo I haven't taken you seriously for quite some time now because of repeated false claims you make based off unsubstantiated theories you somehow believe to be factual. Sorry bud. Maybe one day you'll actually be good at this game. Doubt it, but maybe. Long live napo, king of delusion. Later rookie.
  14. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Yes, this. ^^ I tried to stay quiet but I really can't any more. I have never in my life seen so many GROWN ASS MEN whine as much as I have over the past few days. Since when is life fair??? This was a very difficult situation and Telamon made a judgement call. And guess what, he's free to do that because it's HIS FUCKING SERVER. If you don't like it I recommend you go find a server that's perfect. Oh.....can't find one?? Really???? SHOCKER!!!!! Do you have any clue how many hours of hard work by admins and volunteers go into making UOR work? And you get all of it for FREE. And hello, it's a game. A GAME. Get a grip.
    Zyler, Apoc, Cassidy and 9 others like this.
  15. napo

napo Well-Known Member

When people start resorting to personal attacks (i.e. you're bad) it's a good sign that their argument is crumbling. Toodles, Roman. I'll enjoy not seeing you around.
    If it helps you feel better, I think this is more of a case of you just being hopelessly naive than it is knowing how crooked your buddies are and defending them anyway.
  16. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Xegugg likes this.
  17. Freakzilla

Freakzilla Active Member

You mofo's need to go smoke some weed...it works wonders! Thank you STAFF for all your hard work, I personally appreciate it...check your mail for my donation to show my appreciation.
    Basoosh and Wise like this.
  18. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Yes yes and yes yes!
    Basoosh likes this.
  19. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

pretty sure you're not allowed to send that stuff in the mail!
    Wise likes this.
  20. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Can you explain the containers full of identical max charge gheal and lightning wands that were on the ground when your keep fell?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.