Fighting Gold Inflation

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by MikeK, May 14, 2015.

1. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm not sure we agree on what could be considered an elite mask/sandal. Perhaps a registry should be formed with some scaling.

Iago, I'm already baked and still have no idea wtf that was Gideon quoted. There are players who have come here in the last year and made so much gold and plat, they have more elite shit than people who have played since Beta.
  2. Ren

Ren Member
    UO:R Donor

I like the idea of some sort of checks and balances to multiple house ownership as well as paying for house/bank add ons via gold but what if Telamon simply did a "tax payment" in the form of 20% of everyone's gold? I'm not an economist and realize that it would only be a temporary fix but I thought it would be worth mentioning as I can't remember seeing it yet.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Understood. I don't see Christmas, Cupid or Leprechaun items in the realm of elite, as there are generally a lot of those.

Basically my concept of elite is something there are fewer than 10 of but more realistically things there are fewer than 3-4 of.
  5. Gideon Jura

6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol no, supply is not gone. How many lep and cupid sandals dropped this year?
    People are breaking up outfits (1271 horned tribal mask anyone?)
    People going inactive means there's a chance for them to hit the shard in other ways, as Telamon specifically created the inactive status for such an occurrence.
    Server population is utterly stagnant at this point. I've been trying to convince myself otherwise for a while but this shit isn't lying right here:
    [​IMG]

The count of each is highly relevant for valuation and speculation on the chance of them coming up for sale. 2 of them on the shard? Very unlikely. There are nearly 70 pairs of Leprechaun sandals on the shard now and more than half of those are dull and boring green compared to this year's drops. 2m+? I don't agree that it's fitting for all of them but everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    There have been more rare sandal and mask sales in the last 12 months (forum posted anyway) than I have seen in the entire history of the shard prior. Tell me again about not going up for sale anymore?
  7. Gideon Jura

8. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about inflation, but I will agree that the server feels more active than it did even 6 months ago.

Whether we have massive inflation now or not, I do support any positive reward system which removed gold from the economy. Taxes and such, not so much. It can't hurt to be prepared for the future growth.
    MikeK and ReZon like this.
  9. Ren

Ren Member

Had another quick thought as to get gold out of the market: Stat Change Deeds. Charge 20-30k for a deed that you can automatically set your skills to. Great for vets rolling up new characters who don't want to take the time to get kindling then run camping until their stats change to their desired amount.
    You Enjoy Myself likes this.
  10. NONAMEALLSTAR

NONAMEALLSTAR Well-Known Member

tax dem bank sitters for occupying space!