Fish Tournament options on how to proceed

Discussion in 'Player Run Events' started by Zyler, May 24, 2013.

1. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

On Wednesday May 22nd at approximately 6am servertime, the shard crashed which reset the weights of fish caught that had not been mounted. This poses an issue for the fishing tournament however there are several options that need discussing.

My goal is to be as fair as possible to all participants. No solution is completely fair to all those involved. I’ve received several suggestions and have several I’ll propose. You has participants will need to discuss alternatives and ultimately decide on how we should proceed.

Option 1:
    • Only fished caught on or after May 22nd are eligible for the tournament
    Everyone loses with this option, especially those that put in a lot of time thus far, but we start on a clean slate.

Option 2:
    • Keep current submissions both verified and unverified (unless it is determined that the screenshot was modified)
    • Participants who already submitted fish will not be able to submit more fish with a datestamp <5/22 in order to prevent double dipping (submitting a fish again whose weight has changed)
    • Participants who have not submitted can submit fish for any date
    There are lots of winner and losers in this scenario. Current participants may not have submitted all their fish so lose those submissions, however win by being able to keep what was already submitted. Pending participants (those who have not submitted a fish yet) win by being able to submit all their fish no matter the datestamp.
    At least 1 participant will lose out since there would be a new 1st place for smallest fish (not caught rater weight changed).

Option 3:
    • Keep current submissions both verified and unverified (unless it is determined that the screenshot was modified)
    • Participants who already submitted fish will not be able to submit more fish with a datestame <5/22 in order to prevent double dipping (submitting a fish again whose weight has changed)
    • Participants who have not submitted can only submit fish with a datestamp >=5/22
    The current submitters win and those who have yet to submit lose.

Option 4:
    • Wipe the leaderboard of all submission and re-weigh all fish. Datestamp must be between May 19th and June 1st
    Depending on what the fish weight was changed to, you might gain, you might lose, maybe both. I believe the leaders of Big Fish and Smallest would both change.

Option 5:
    • Wait until the next patch is implemented (within the next 4-7 days) and start the tournament over.
    Again, everyone is on equal ground however a lot of lost time for all participants

There is no perfect solution. Please provide feedback on the options I provided, tweaks to my suggestions, or an option you think it is best. Again, you as participants will need to discuss, propose alternatives, and ultimately vote on how we should proceed.

I would like to have this issue resolved by Sunday May 26th. Unfortunately, being a holiday weekend in the States, anglers who may be away for the holidays might not get a word in.
  2. Raven

Raven New Member

I'm okay with option 4, and I think this is likely the best option since it puts every one in the tourney on even ground (we all resubmit regardless of gain/loss on weights) and no one loses the work they have so far put into catching these fish.

We could open an IRC channel to discuss this if people would prefer that over simply posting which option we would prefer to go with.
  3. DarkWing

DarkWing Senior Counselor
    Senior Counselor
    UO:R Subscriber

I vote for Option #4
  4. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

5. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

6. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Spoke with angler who said any option is fine... just glad to see participation :)
  7. piequalsthree

piequalsthree New Member

8. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

start over
  9. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Final word is #4. Fish are being re-weighed/verified.
    PM for re-weigh, waves, and that.
    Thanks all for those who lick the water.