Floating Candle

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Zyler, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I sought the solace of the seas.

The gentle wind and lapse of caring but not...

A candle, lit wax arose from the seabed. In all directions, the wind blew and swirled. The flames remained as if wanting to burn all, and everywhere... like the magicians powder with smoke and thunder. I gathered my heal after seeing the mirage and leaned to the bow, hand on the hardened mast, then looked again.

Indeed, it was a floating candle!!!

They will all think I'm crazy... "A Floating Candle"
    They probably "already" do think I'm crazy... but no matter. I see it... and IT IS FLOATING!

As I got closer to the source, it was not illuminating with light rather heat. I shut my eyes and tuned to the mast yet again. My eyes singed as if ore which was smelting. I slightly stumbled then steadied myself on the sturdy oak mast. I squatted and found some swill from the deck for my eyes. They were dry and burning but the salty waters did worse to my seeing.

Dazed, I caught myself starboard so sat for a long time. I do not know how long. The sun rose and I wasn't sure how many days before I saw The Floating Candle or if it was the day before OR if it was real! I was afraid to open my eyes. They still hurt. A fresh cut wood scent breached as the water ebbed and flowed. The smell reminded me of home. I fell into a deep sleep.

The next day, I think....
    the sun was hot and I knew it was time to rise.

I peeked with a slightly glazed glassy red eye, but don't recall what I saw aside from smoke and a bubble...
    So I peered again...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Basoosh, ReZon, Jupiter and 1 other person like this.