For Sale: Forest Troll Boss Camp - Small House

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Cynic, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

[​IMG]

SB: Deed + 100k
    BO: None, yet
    BI: Reasonable

48/24 hr format (edited after Diran's SB cause I neglected to add this here at origination)

Plat @ 9k
    HCoin @ 7k

I reserve the right to do what I want with this auction. If you have to ask yourself if you're someone I probably wouldn't do business with, then you're probably right - don't bother.
    Any posts unrelated to this auction will be reported for removal.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Zyler, diran and The Crooked Warden like this.
  2. Air

Air Well-Known Member

@Erlkonig , is Cynic referring to you in his post? If so, I believe he is violating trade forum policy IF he refuses to accept your bid, OR anyone's bid for that matter.

3. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

yep, verified when I last refused Iago's bid, according to Telamon you can't refuse bids any more.
  4. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I reported this for removal as it's in violation of my auction rules. You're posting this for the sake of being a troll. There are no rules explicitely forbidding me from ignoring bids because I don't feel like doing business with certain people. This is my item and I can choose who I want to sell it to, or who I won't sell it to.

Please follow the actual Trade Forum Rules (http://uorforum.com/threads/trade-forum-code-of-conduct-updated-6-10-16.17309/) instead of making ones up in your head.
  5. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Until such time Telamon updates those rules to reflect that I cannot sell to someone then I will continue conducting business as usual.

Because he told you something doesn't make it law.

I'm following the current trade forum rules.
    Zyler likes this.
  6. Jack of Shadows

Nah, he's being serious, I was told by the big man himself that it's against the rules to refuse bids from anyone anymore. This was discourage alt forum account usage and other factors.

The rules have been updated I suppose, Tela linked them to me when he sent me the message (because I refused a bid from one of your guildmates) I didn't read them of course, but I'm assuming he wouldn't link them to me if that wasn't in there.
  7. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

"I was told by the big man himself" is NOT a rule. You're not Moses, he didn't give you commandments, nothing official is posted anywhere here. Until such time that the official trade forum rules are updated then I will continue to follow the CURRENT set of rules, regardless of what you or anyone else has been told.

Unless you can link to me a public thread where Telamon has PUBLICLY announced this new rule, then I will continue business as usual as per the CURRENT Trade Forum Rules (http://uorforum.com/threads/trade-forum-code-of-conduct-updated-6-10-16.17309/).
  8. Jack of Shadows

Don't be pissy with me, I just pointed out what your good friend Chris (the owner of the server, that guy) told me personally. Take it up with him.
  9. Air

Air Well-Known Member

Ready for the smack down? :rolleyes:

Jack of Shadows likes this.
  10. Air

Air Well-Known Member

I'll be over here, chilling

[​IMG]
    Invoker likes this.
  11. Too Old For This ...

Too Old For This ... Well-Known Member

don't want to interfere, but I've read the rules once again and see no rule binding you to sell (accept bids) from the person you don't want to sell. So Cynic is right.
  12. Air

Air Well-Known Member

Oh, you wanted another one? :D

[​IMG]
  13. Too Old For This ...

Too Old For This ... Well-Known Member

Rules
    Follow the requests of the originator of the thread (within reason).
    If someone is selling a house for gold, you are welcome to make offers that do not include gold. It would be up to the seller to determine a value of your offer, or disregard the offer.
    Players are welcome to add clarification to posts that are lacking clarification.
    - Information relevant to the item being sold, or left out by the buyer/seller.
    - Links to the item database
    - Links to compendium articles related to the sale.
    - Links to related/past trade posts relevant to the current post.
    Players are not welcome to post the following
    - Offers they cannot afford or have no intention of completing.
    - Inflammatory statements about their opinion of the buyer/seller.
    - Negative statements about the item being sold, for the sake of being negative.
    (To Clarify: If someone says they are selling the only ____ on the server, it is not negative to correct them on the amount of them that exist. It would be negative to call them a liar and a cheat.)
    - Ingame/External opinions of the buyer/seller or players bidding in the tread.
    Bumping threads is acceptable within reason
    Explicitly Not Allowed
    Using alternate accounts to sell, buy or bid on items.
    Note: This is new change, as previously it was only disallowed when bidding on items. Per the new rules listed above players should not have to result to alternate accounts to buy/sell items because they fear negative commentary from other players. Alternate accounts are fine, however carrying out trade relationships using multiple accounts is resulting in a large amount of wasted staff time investigating reports.
    Post any bid or offer that you have no intention of following through with.
    Any attempt to scam or mislead players regarding the purpose of your post.
    ie: Luring someone ingame to steal the item, rather than buying it, elaborate scams involving house sales, etc
    Bidding for players other than yourself.

If you are the creator of a post, and you want to report a post that you believe violates the above posted rules then use the report feature. Keep in mind, we will not remove questionable posts that are borderline from threads, when reported by someone other than than the thread creator. Unless that post violates the forum rules in general. (Hate speech, personal attack, etc). Thread creators are responsible for the content in their own threads, in regards to reporting off topic posts.

^^
    these are the copied rules, all the rest are speculations.

... not that I won't sell to some people for now...
  14. diran

diran Well-Known Member

Ok well sb
    NerK, Canis and Azoth like this.
  15. Air

Air Well-Known Member

So are you saying that you will not follow the guidance set forth by "Chris" = Telamon, in the above copied posts?
  16. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

For crying out loud, he means I can't cast out all of SL or COM simply because we are in game enemies.

It doesn't mean that I cannot refuse a bid to someone I know to be a scammer, cheat, liar, thief, etc..

Obviously if I had a bad auction with someone I'm not restricted from refusing to do business with them. Snapdragon, when he/she, first started here got a big jump in wealth by doing the ol' steal after trade trick (patched shortly after). He/she went on to selling blank rune books under the guise of being full libraries on a vendor in yew, again shortly patched after.
    I'm obviously not going to do business with someone like this. It doesn't apply in this particular auction, however, it does apply to many of my other auctions where I'm gate hoping bags of wares from my house to the buyers house. This type of transaction requires trust from both parties. If I've lost my trust in you, for one reason or another, I shouldn't be forced to conduct a sale with you simply under the "you must accept all legitimate bids" madness.

It's not as strict as you are making it out to be because you're butt hurt over the Iago drama.

It's intended to prevent cry babies from singling out in game enemies (i.e. Air telling Iago to go pound salt because of a silly feud) versus a legitimate seller refusing to do business with an illegitimate buyer.

And, for the record, I've never refused a bid from anyone.
    Canis, Keystone and LanDarr like this.
  17. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  18. Animal Control

Animal Control Well-Known Member

PaddyOBrien likes this.
  19. Jack of Shadows

in the post above yours?
    One, BlackEye, Air and 1 other person like this.
  20. Quietus

Quietus Member

Deed + 125k
    Canis, Halabinder and Jack of Shadows like this.