Free Use Duel Arena

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Timbo Slice, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Oh, Cynics crooked as shit for sure. He's the guy that pulls you over, smashes your tail light as he walks up, keys up his radio, fires a couple rounds in the air and yells officer down, and then when backup arrives they beat the fuck out of the person, take them to an isolated holding cell, pepper sprays them, tazes, and THEN rolls his sleeves up for the probing. All this, of course, before planting copious amounts of drugs in the trunk of the car, sentencing the abused victim to life in prison, and then posing as hero of the month with the DA and mayor while smiling a big shit eating grin, holding his new shiny award.

Just speaking facts, folks..
    Xegugg likes this.
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lies.. we don't have DA's in my state.
  3. RollinTheTweed

RollinTheTweed Active Member

Free use in the arenas was abused before, and why it was removed. I heard someone mentioned a 1.5k charge? Pffff. This isn't OSI, you already have item insurance in the arenas and CTF, lets not make it any more trammie than it already is.
  4. Mandevu

Oh, is that what this thread is about? I agree. No free use.
    RollinTheTweed likes this.
  5. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i'm sure it's no surprise that i'm against free use anywhere in the world.

this extends to CTF. CTF has become a place for one wealthy group to put on their 1.5 mil weapon and full fort armor and come stocked with a full keg of purple potions. because of the ability to carry in magic items and not risk losing them. CTF is the playground of the rich.

its proponents had sold CTF to the people as a low-risk entry point to PvP... "gateway PvP" you could say. CTF no longer serves the purpose for which it was created.
    Xegugg likes this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

While I appreciate your love of Felucca rule sets, you miss the point of CTF entirely. It was never created as a gateway PvP or low-risk entry point to PvP. It was created as a fun game to play in addition to the many other fun things to do in UO. If you want to extrapolate or interpret that to suit your arguments, that's totally fine, I guess. Whether you or your people want to believe the countless players who have stated quite clearly that they had fun, win or loss, without top tier gear and a keg of purples, is entirely up to you.

CTF hasn't "become" anything. It has, and always will be, a fun side-game to mess around in for half an hour. The shard provided it based on the design goals implemented before literally anyone got here. No one needs to be sold on a good time and if they don't enjoy it, the solution is as simple as doing literally nothing because it doesn't impact you in any way to not take part. It's already been stated that there will be random team CTFs implemented and I hope for the sake of the other side of the fence that they are not free use and restricted to GM items only. I'm sure many people will enjoy that configuration just as many people enjoy the current one, which also won't be going anywhere.
  7. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Fact of the matter is CTF now has platinum rewards and people take it seriously.
    Xegugg likes this.
  8. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Holy crap, just like champs, treasure maps, amibs, idling in your house? Whatever will we do now?!?!?!
  9. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

"CTF hasn't "become" anything. It has, and always will be, a fun side-game to mess around in for half an hour. The shard provided it based on the design goals implemented before literally anyone got here."

I disagree -- I think it has become something else.
    Xegugg likes this.
  10. Mandevu

And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt action rifle so that man could fight off the dinosaurs and the homosexuals.
    Reckless likes this.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Such as? Like something else you don't participate in but speak out against, regularly, like Factions?
    Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your town add-ons. They are lovely.

You can disagree all you like but the fact is, CTF is part of the shard and one of the major reasons I chose to migrate here in the first place. Automated trammel instanced mini-games within UO that add value to players such as myself, who enjoy that sort of thing, win or loss.
  12. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

What I was tryin' to say was it's become kinda serious business and deserves to be good.