Full stamina until you step on a chicken..

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by D'ranged, Jun 26, 2015.

1. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

I was just curious if there was anyway possible to adjust the stam loss when running through a bird, rabbit, cat,..etc?

I could hypothetically run out into my *(real life) front yard, step on a bunny, and then punt a chicken without stam loss. I know this has been in the game since its inception for the Fel facet but what is the true reasoning behind it? Coding issues?

Just curious.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Your avatar is so bloody ironic!

I must vote no to your proposition.

It's only here that I can live out my fantasy of stepping on birds and rabbits and thanks to your suggestion, I'm about to try chicken punting.

Please don't take these things away from me, it's all I have!
  3. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

Well, my true question was if this was a coding issue to fix something like that. I understand this is a game but when you are running for your life from that rabid mongbat only to get 'stam loss' and stuck behind a rabbit... well, OooOOoo oOoo
  4. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It's not a coding issue I'm sure, but more of a felucca feel issue. Stam loss is one or the major differences between Trammel and Felucca. If your issue is running into things that block your path I would suggest carrying a few refresh pots
  5. D'ranged

D'ranged New Member

Running into a bear, wolf, or a dragon I could see an issue there but - a bunny or a cat?

I was just curious. That's all.
  6. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

I've always thought is was nonsensical. Drat! My mounts path has been blocked by a magpie! I've decided to simply imagine they are larger in UO. Big birds and bunnies client mod?
    D'ranged likes this.
  7. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

I bet they just love you at the local zoo
    Ragnarok, D'ranged and Kane like this.
  8. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

As the owner of several single slot tamers (running around with 5 - 8 tames) I have found its best to carry a light food. Eating an apple or similar food refills about 5 stamina. Because it take soooo many apples to fill up your character, you can use this very often and its a much lighter weight option then refresh pots.
  9. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Is this a case of missing the forest for the trees? Yes, this is Felucca. Yes, mobs should block you. But, should the smallest animals prevent an obstacle? Whatever the case, that isn't the question.

The question is: Did OSI code all mobs as being an obstacle just because it was convenient coding?
  10. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member

Didnt you lose stamina slowly just by running and when taking hits from mobs back in the day too? The stam loss was greater the father down the hunger ladder you were too, wasnt it? I remember food being a much bigger factor back then then it was here.
  11. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

Also your mount used to lose stamina and would resort to walking after a while
  12. Plankton

Plankton Active Member

Both Zim and Kane are correct regarding stamina. One of the big draws of mace fighting was to both break your opponents armor and to drain their stamina.
  13. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

I think what were all getting at is that we have it pretty good regarding stamina, I feel like we should spend more time appreciating that and less time wanting more. Definitely carry red pots, you can only eat so much food and it's equivalent to 50 stamina I believe, that's 10 fish steaks, which I believe is 1 stone, equal to one refresh pot which will restore your full stamina regardless of actual amount
  14. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

I agree with OP.
    Mechanics allowing a bird, rat, rabbit, or cat to block a grown man, mounted or not, tired or rested... is completely dumb.
    Although it rarely effects my game play, I find it ridiculously annoying when it does.
  15. napo

napo Well-Known Member

This should already be reflected in the cost to shove through. I haven't tested on this server, but assuming it's era accurate a bird will cost a lot less stam to push through than a dragon.