Ghosting

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Unknown_Hero, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Talon Karde

Talon Karde Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Like I said.. not sure why ghost are allowed to see mobiles(except wandering healers) after 5 minutes. Easy code. Easy fix.
  2. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH you must be new. @binlagin check this guy out
    wylwrk and One like this.
  3. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Ghosting is illegal, so if we are gonna circumvent the rules for ghosting, how bout allowing stealthers to stealth while riding mounts while we're at it.
    If you bring in a spy ghost, you go to jail. if you bring in a ghost to look for other ghost, you go to jail. Simple.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Simple?

I disagree. I'd lean towards an automated solution to the problem in lieu of requiring an in game help request and personal presence / first issue warning to each instance.

With new players joining all the time, leaving the situation as-is seems counter productive. Ghosting is a lesser problem in my opinion when compared to the amount of steam/easy uo scripters out there that "oh, I didn't know haha that's weird they don't allow it... I wonder why?" type of new players out there.

That said, my proposed solution for us all sounds counter to what I've said so far.

Report each instance using the in game help function or in IRC should a staff member be online. If this is a big enough problem, I assure you... the solution will evolve. Until then (as usual) I suggest striving for mastering proficiency in what tools we have available today.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    One and BlackEye like this.
  5. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

I think people expect to much out of chris and dont think of all the angles in which he has to. Like a ghost not being able to see people. How is that solution when your running around wanting a rez from a friend. I see nothing wrong with the current system. I say keep banning for doing it. Better yet how about people just use a live toon and have them hidden. Common sense goes a long way.
    Cheapsuit and PaddyOBrien like this.
  6. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

But the issue is, how are you going to find ghosts to report unless you bring your own ghost?
    One likes this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Presently, there are a few ways.

1. Knowingly break the rules to bring your ghost-buster to check for ghosts checking on you (we call this the De L'artificiel method)
    2. If you happen to die and the offender(s) forgot to move their ghost from the field prior to ganking you

oh and option 3 is almost always overlooked

3. During all the hub bub, one of the newer PK's in the group died to PvM aggro or lag or aliens or w/e prior to attacking you and is sitting there like a dumbass when you die... thus since there is no other explanation THEY USING GHOST BOTS OMG REPORT.

Either way, if you pk in a group these days well, you sure as hell aren't going to take any advice from this post or others like it.

Why? Because they don't think it be like it is, but it do.

That's why.
  8. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

Use the ghost you died on and watch them for a good long while. Pretty simple. If you live why worry about it. Ive only been dropped 2 times in 3 months here using basic rules and actually watching the screen pvming. Also not all ghosts in dungeons are watching. Ive died before walked away from the computer because i didnt wanna reup or get the char at the time. Because i died in ice? Am i watching? No. Thats another thing that chris has to take into consideration. This is a mole hill issue. If you return for seconds if that a you or pk problem?
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  9. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Allow spirit speak to put ghosts in combat mode revealing them for home banning or reporting for dungeon ghosting. Problem solved
    Cheapsuit and One like this.
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Yeah well I'm done with this thread :p

I reaffirm my original solution and am glad a few can read between the lines.

Keep using the tools available and I'm sure the solution will evolve.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  11. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Jesus Is King likes this.
  12. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

Truth is you can make any change you want and people will still watch. There are still gonna be groups of 4 or 5 mowing someone down or someone using a stealther. No way around this.
  13. Ravn

Ravn Member

What happent to open world?
    So many rules now is trammel whitout trammel.
    Is like OSI all over, ruin the game in hope to keep players, but ruin the core game.
    Crying players will never stop complain, only jump to the next "problem", when a "problem" is fixed.
    OptimisticSam and Bluecrush like this.
  14. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

So true
  15. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Welp, I lied.

Come on guys, you sound like you're hermits living in an echo chamber.

Ghosts are not allowed to idle for observation purposes in dungeons... overworld is game on. - Chris
  16. Bluecrush

Bluecrush Active Member

Read all three of my posts. I said ban for it but dont mess with the game mechanics. When i look its on live toons.
  17. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member

Ignorance is not an excuse.
  18. Mike Oxwells

Mike Oxwells Active Member

The ghost thing really sucks. It makes going in dungeons really unfun.
  19. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Oh FFS...

I challenge the next person to actually witness this happening to outline a detailed report of the whole process right here for all to see.

I'm running all dungeons daily here lately and I ain't seen NOBODY. I've got my pick of the elves. It's almost like I'm on my own private server.
    One and Cheapsuit like this.
  20. Mike Oxwells

Mike Oxwells Active Member

Just saying in general

This week has not been bad