Ghosting

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Unknown_Hero, Dec 10, 2017.

1. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Who will ghost the ghosts themselves?
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Seba likes this.
  3. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Ghosting is out of control here because we didn't have to deal with this mechanic on OSI. People often only had one account and didn't have so many throw away options to exploit this strategy.

So it's not intuitive for new members and it takes being burned to really safe guard yourself from these type of players.

Terrible experience and usually results in more people preforming the same tactic, until everyone is burned.

Seems like the only solution would be to make all ghosts visible or at least give us a way to detect them. Especially, inside your own house...
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

5. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

I mean me personally, it was just from an IDOC where a ghost was inside my house watching where I was gating my crap to. I was detecting on my house and didn't realize 1. Players are allowed to ghost and 2. They aren't revealed from detect.

So yeah, hard lesson to learn.

Waited for me to drop my spot and placed over me and blackmailed me to get the spot back.

So now Ill make a ghost character to avoid this...

Luckily, he told me how he did it so I know how to dodge it.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    eherruh, One, Cheapsuit and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jesus Is King

Jesus Is King Well-Known Member

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Great quote man. Lol. First I've ever seen it used
    One likes this.
  7. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I used to have a ghost problem in my keep till i dropped some foot stools on the steps, after server restart and they got the boot they haven't been able to get back in.
  8. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Also gating out of your house to 1 tile spots is a good trick to get ghosts out of your house (ghosts cant dbl click gate and wouldnt be able to walk back through to return to your house. Ghosts will likely be there to gather info, and to gather that info they would need to take gates to see where your going. They have no way of knowing if the gate is a 1 way ghost trap or a gate that yields valuable intel.
    jumpman, Hollywood and wylwrk like this.
  9. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't think you need or should have the ability to detect ghosts or ban ghosts. You can see them by scouting your own ghost, you can prevent yourself from being looted or pkd with limited effort. And finally, every ability you take away from someone else, you take away from yourself. Using ghosts to scout house layouts/alts of enemies/etc is an invaluable tool. The more trammel you add to the server, the more you protect the people who do the most harm. Taking away simple things such as ghosting, tracking players, house killing, etc and you are really just consolidating the power of the few and giving yourself less opportunity for revenge.

Stop trying to trammelize the fucking server.
    snap dragon and Ravn like this.
  10. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Haunted houses, nice.
  11. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

Tracking + Spiritspeak =

[​IMG]