Gold farming templates-advice please!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by sanguine, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Reginald

Reginald Well-Known Member

Most of my startup came from arctic lords 4 years ago, haven't checked it since. But bard is by far the best and easiest way to get money. Gmail bard is a no brainer and you will farm so much at destard that it will pale in comparison to anything else.
  2. Ballgeoff

Ballgeoff New Member

Is there a build that utilizes archery, or would that still just be considered 'dexxer'?

Also, are there any useful crafting professions to make money, outside of just doing BOD's?

Thanks!
  3. compsays

compsays Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

As a side-effect of getting my crafter to GM carpentry, I've had one character lumberjacking and bringing him boards, then him making gnarled staffs. Once my backpack gets too full to make any more, I go to smiths shops, carpenters or weaponsmiths and sell them for around 17-19 gp each. So for a full backpack of around 110 staffs, I'm getting 1700-1900gp. As the boards aren't costing me anything to make, and scorps are cheap to buy (or make - he's a GM smith so they last ages) it's an efficient way of making easy money.

Nowhere near as fast in terms of moneymaking as bashing things over the head, but there's not much deadly peril involved, either :D
  4. Loki

Loki Active Member

My favorite archery template:
    Archery
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Magery
    Animal Taming
    Animal Lore
    Veterinary

I use this build and find it fun. My dragons take the damage and attention while I sit back and heal them with bandages and shoot stuff with my arrows. Magery is more for gating, magic reflect, and the rare heal. The best use for this build IMO is as a "turret" for backup for my main. I have a macro that has the dragons attack the closest grey and then has the character attacks last target and heals self if need be. I turn this on while actually running around with my main. Great for treasure chests!

My favorite temp for farming gold:
    Animal Taming
    Animal Lore
    Veterinary
    Magery
    Music
    Provoke
    Discord

Taming is not that hard to raise and it is worth it. I used a pure bard for my first year and regret not making a tamer earlier.