Gold Runic Hammer

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Dalavar, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Apologies, was out all day.

As I mentioned, despite his rhetoric, I read that as a 1M bid from Google. 24 hours passed without a higher bid, so I have honored it.

In hindsight, I should have just canceled the auction when the forum went down, and started it over. But, it is not a situation I'd ever seen before.
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I bid 1.025?
  3. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Ok, nevermind, I guess you could argue I never bid the 1.025. This auction was incredibly messed up. There was no clarity from you on your part as the seller, I have Google saying he's backing out unless you take the B/O so of course I'm not going to bid higher than that.

Honestly, you should have checked with me before "honoring" the sale to him. There was so much confusion with this auction that some extra care on your part should have been taken.

I know you have a good reputation with selling items, and I'm not trying to ruin that, but this was indeed a bad sale on your part.
  4. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Could I have done better? Yes.
    Was it a situation I'd never encountered before? Yes.
    Did I do my best to allow for a fair auction, given the circumstances? Yes.

Once the forum outage happened, this auction was destined for some unhappiness. I don't think anyone reading this thread - including yourself - would think anything I said or did was done in bad faith. So, we'll do better next time.
  5. Garrion

Garrion Active Member

i am guessing you should pull Google out of the bidding or sell to him at the buyout you posted. As you have stated you did post said buy out option and then retracted it. He is within his rights to have tried for the buy out and now to pull out if you change the rules.