Good dexxer template

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Cheapsuit, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Cheapsuit

Cheapsuit Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Can anyone tell me what's a good dexxer template on this server? What's the deal with explo pots? Does alchemy get a bonus? What is the current deal with poison? Does the poison skill boost dmg for a dexxer? or does it increase chance to poison the target? Etc etc. Does magery do decent dmg with no eval? Balanced stats? Are runebooks really not blessed? How much are ethy's? I just nned to be brought up to speed. Thank you in advance.
    Artex likes this.
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

nothing's changed since you were here last except tactics now works past 100
  3. Cheapsuit

Thank you for your reply...I was only here for a shirt while, not even long enough to finish a character, so I'm basically still a noob and still broke. Are there ethy's here? how does one attain this? Are there still spots for a tower?
  4. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

Housing space has never been a problem for me when placing smalls, towers you might have to run around a bit for. Ethys are 500 plat
  5. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

No.

Nope on both.

Not really. Resist is easy to GM here because of the free resist events held on a somewhat monthly basis. So Eval is pretty important if you're using magery as a damage source. Not needed, of course, for its utility or healing.

Balanced stats are critical if you plan on PvPing as Mindblasting is popular.

Normal runebooks are not blessed, but can be with the purchase of a runebook bless deed for 250plat (2.5mill at current gold to plat ratio of 10k g / 1p)

500plat / 5mill at current plat to gold ratio.
  6. Duz-luk

Duz-luk Active Member

7. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Have to throw purples here playing a dexer or mage to bump the damage up. No alchemy or poison bonuses here. You have a few choices playing a dexer. Poison fencer dexer build or LJ/Swords are the top two. LJ swords build is most popular since the dps is high wielding an axe. Nox fencer is annoying but most will just run off after they exhaust they're G cure pots. 1v1 a dexer build is competitive here just isn't easy to kill someone till you run them out of a resource they're relying on ( G heal wands, cure pots, G refresh etc for stunning). Wrestle stun here is key for mages and as a dexer you'll need a G heal wand to have a chance. Fencing two handed weapons have a stun as well. Syncing damage in large fights tips the scales to mages with stuns. All of this is subjective to how good you are and your ping. Fencer mage tank is okay in group fights but 1v1 against an axer where your trading blows will be an uphill battle and not having wrestle while receiving a beat down isn't fun either. My favorite is a heal stun mage. Macing and archery is really only good for pvm imo due to dps issues. Yes some can play them but those two melee skills aren't as effective in the field. You will need balanced stats to a degree. I usually run 45 mana (melee) or dex (mage) on most characters as I can pot up the other stats if needed. Also people may buff or debuff you then MB chain you so be ready to counter or join factions so opponents cannot buff you (adjusting your stats for max MB damage).

If you want to earn plat find an active champ guild or link up with a few groups that champ and make yourself a provo dexer or mage. Most that hang around here eventually make a tamer. I would start one out macroing free skills so when I had bank I could finish the character sooner. If your going to join a champ group make sure that if you help them get skulls to summons Harry that you'll be allowed to join. Harrower is very lucrative if you can do enough damage.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Mexplosivo likes this.
  8. Crunk Juice

Crunk Juice Well-Known Member

I play dexxers 80% of my time and would recommend the 3 builds:

1. Tact, Anat, Fenc, Resist, Heal, Magery and last 100 points is up to you. I have GM hiding on one and 50 hiding/50 detect hidden on another.

2. Tact, Anat, swords, Magery, Resist, Heal, lumberjack.

3. Animal taming, Animal lore, Fenc, Anat, heal, tact, resist. My fencer on a mare and only use in group pvp because no vet.

Str 90- Dex 90- Int 45 or adjust so your Int is 51 so you can use earthquake scroll after you para and throw a purple pot

I would recommend running gold + Runic weapons , macro to drink a str, dex, and red pot all with one key, 10-15 of each potion, GH wand for the gank and a recall out macro.
    Ziggy Stardust, AOٌ and Orange like this.
  9. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Hey cheapsuit been a long time. I'm thinking Siege Perilous 04, you ran a axer named Darkness back then with an AoH

Fuck it fo ol times ill give you the honest run down others might not like to hear.

1. Poison dexer here is shit, with no mount fatigue they just run and run and run from you. PLUS stacked cure pots good pvpers carry say 15 and if they run out they will just recall out on you. I ONLY use my poison dexer in PLAYER hosted 1v1s to make everyone cry (esp axers). Staff hosted duels and 1v1 are shit because for some ungodly reason if you have 1 cure you have 100 cures (makes sense right?)

2. Axers are ok but ive only seen 1 person use them effectively and he was FAST realllllllly fast, he also used purples like a champ. @Woody III

3. Id listen to crunk on any of the temps listed above. I think the fencer tamer is right up your ally. You always liked having an edge in pvp you ran the best weps etc and the tamer is dirty as fuck 1v1 in a group youll be targeted first (probably) and your mare will be killed (at least by my group).

4. Im throwing this in because i know you liked the stealth assassin back when. Well you cant do that here, ethys expose you when you try to mount them wall hiding (i have no fucking clue why). So unless youre going to chase them down on foot......
    Blaise likes this.
  10. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

Everyone runs and runs if they are disadvantaged doesn't matter the build. 1v1 nox dexers are not shit here. If you chase someone off/out the field I'd say that's a win right? Difference between "for the pvp" and pvp/pk resource gathering mindsets where you need to be looting someone to count. Very few people on this shard will stay within an area and fight out a 1v1 to the death. Most call in when they realize they cannot beat you outright. No all caps needed to get my opinion across. I wouldn't bring a nox dexer to a group fight. Para blow/stun "all kill" pvp is okay 1v1 but in a group fight when you dismount to all kill you might as well be stunned. Try out builds on Test Center see what you like. Also tracking here has been changed when trying to track players but animal and monster tracking work. Inscription gives a bonus to defensive skills such as magic reflect, protection, arch protection, and reactive armor. Only issue there is timers for recasting reflect etc versus using the 100 points elsewhere. Most of it here is situational pvp (instances, player event, field) and which template your best at 1v1 or build that contributes most to the group. GL to you great to see another pvper here!

Check out the pvp guide section: http://www.uorforum.com/threads/handy-pvp-related-guide-list.6320/
  11. Orange

Orange Well-Known Member

Yes good sir they are. My point to the running was if you got a dp wep out you have no way to stun/para a runner. It also sucks for the other reasons I listed. I consider killing a person "winning" doesnt matter about the loot they are dead and you are not, them recalling out i dont consider winning. I would also point out that he didnt ask for a template thats good at getting people to recall out he asked about a template to pvp, kill people.
  12. Cheapsuit

ROFL fuuny...good times.. I do like the stealth poisoner most so this saddens me.
  13. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

I always have to recommend ossytank build :D Not for everyone but its a pretty flexible way to use a dexxer in PvM.
    Genuss Kaern and Artex like this.
  14. Cheapsuit

I'm very grateful for the replies, thank everyone. So I'm assuming mace fighting is no good here? Was thinking of making a mace fighting peacemaking dexxer for pvm.
  15. Artex

Artex Well-Known Member

So if you played a nox fencer you'd never equip a two handed weapon? I never said anything about people recalling as a win. Honest truth is in field pvp 90% run mages of some flavor. There's plenty of videos out there showing field fights on you tube as examples. It's hard to kill someone good here in the field 1v1 no matter what you choose.

I would go fencing or swords peace dexer. Macing is okay to stam drain when peace wears off till you re peace them. You want the highest dps weapon you can wield. I run a disco macer as a support character for boss farming or instanced group pvm. Lot of guys use a provo fencer for instanced pvm (depends really on what slayer weapon type you have). Starting out for wealth building a provo mage is popular.

Check these out:
    peace dexer guide http://www.uorforum.com/threads/the-peacemaking-dexxer-and-you-a-guide.2897/
    crowd sourced gold per hour info http://www.uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-gold-per-hour-crowdsourced-guide-project.7530/
    template opinion guide http://www.uorforum.com/threads/coo...aracter-archetypes-on-uo-r.20839/#post-194113
  16. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm just glad someone said fencer tamer before I did. Fully trained mare, spear para hit/purple pot/dismount/all kill roflcopter

This is a classic build known as The Mutombo.

After fighting poison dexxers in the field I carry no less than 30 cures. Fortunately you can have over 100 potions on hand at any given time and not run out of space in your pack. It's perfect.
    Salick and Crunk Juice like this.