Gray colored guild chat...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cynic, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I've spoke to a few people about this with no apparent solution.

My guild chat is gray in color (just like a system message) and no matter what I change in settings the color remains the same. I have fumbled with UO setting and Razor. I even manually edited the CFG file and everything stays the same.

Anyone have a solution for this?

I haven't tried re-install and wanted to avoid the hassle if there was a known solution? Or if this is not an issue on my side?

Thanks.
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm also picking away at this trying to find a solution.
    This is character specific, based on the fact that I have functional green guild chat (personal hue selection) on some of my chars, and gray on others. I only have one client installed on this particular PC.
    This problem occurs on both XP and Win7, that I have found so far.

I have copied the entire character profile folder from a functional character, and replaced the files of an affected character, with no result. Whatever this setting is, it is not in the %\Ultima Online\Desktop\%folders% and yet somehow is still specific to certain characters.

I'm starting to think this is something server side because it only started happening a few months back but I have nothing to back up that speculation. :)
    Let's get this shit figured out :)
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Maybe you're color blind? :p
  4. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I suspect Blaise is correct and this is a server side issue. While there is an option to change "guild message color", this only changes your outgoing text (for you only), not the text being received. The uo.cfg options don't seem to help either. For reference: http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/cfg.shtml
  5. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

I have this issue on all my guilded characters. It's quite annoying. I miss a lot of guild chat when I am doing other things and the system messages clutter the screen. Even with my journal open it's still difficult because it's also gray in the journal.
  6. purple

purple Member

i have a similar problem with my guild chat its all grey and ive tried different machines, xp, win7, and win8... still does the same thing
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I believe Telamon had a fix for this in testing on test server, but I'm not certain. Really hoping that he finds something because I know many are affected. :)
  8. Klaus

Klaus Member

I really hope this gets some attention. That grey text is quite hard to read.
  9. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

He mentioned on irc the other night that he's got a fix in place on test, as Blaise mentioned, and it will be in patch 43 which is upcoming soon.
  10. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Correct, this is currently resolved on test center and is ready for implementation in patch 43. We even added the ability for players to customize the text color in their journal from the [info menu.

[​IMG]