Greetings and noob questions

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by mrgianlu, Sep 29, 2018.

1. mrgianlu

mrgianlu New Member

Hello community,

after long time away from uo, as most of you I guess, I'm back on this game to spend some time.

Therefore first of all, hey, glad to be part of the community, see you around guys and if you have some noob-welcomed guilds, well let me know :)

Unfortunately I don't have much time to spend on games, therefore I'm planning to having some skills macroed as most afk as possible.

I love being tamer, and I know that it's kinda not the best match with the few time I can spend.

I read the guides on skills and stats but I have few questions for you:

-first of all I would like to start with stats, and it seems that it's highly recommended to be at skill-cap to train skills, I can do it from random npcs, I know, but in the past I played in some servers where gaining one free skill point was in some way easier than gaining the same by decreasing of another one. Is the same happening here? If so, it will make my taming training even worse.

-I read that from 71.1 it could be possible to train taming full-afk until 100, do any of you did the same here? How much time did it take for you? I'm looking for general answers, I'm trying to understand if it is like 5 days or 5 weeks to reach GM.

I'm train a warrior by real playing, and I would like to take this for real gaming, but I really love tamers even if I can understand it would kill my gaming experience doing it by hand, I would probably quit the game (or get old) before reaching GM.

This seems a great server to play in, I'm happy I found it :)
    Hadrian, Kiryana and ElleFeyRa like this.
  2. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to the best server you've ever played @mrgianluHey !

Ok, so are you talking about the see saw method for stats?
    If so, no, see saw isn't the preferred or used method here really as there is easier ways to do it.
    Check out this guide by Hate Crime for the optimal way of raising stats:

http://uorforum.com/threads/uo-r-stats-guide-str-dex-int.314/

Yes it's totally possible to afk train from 71.1 to GM a great guide to follow for that is:

http://uorforum.com/threads/fast-track-guide-to-taming.2165/

Any other questions just ask here or join IRC for a more instant response.

Good luck!
  3. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome to UOR!

Most of the information is available in the Guides selection.
    For a new player Guild i would recommend you to contact P*S, they have the best setup here to support new players.
    Theyr guildleader is @Lord Krake and they can be found on #PS on IRC.

I am also offering new player housing for interested players.
    Feel free to hit me up if youre done with your Occlo period and youre slightly interested in Roleplay :)

Most people here are using IRC as a global chat, so feel free to come by and ask questions!
    (info + webapp available on the frontpage)

About taming..
    Its totally doable afk after 71.1 but it will be very slow towards the end + its easy for other players to grief you / slow you down.
    I recommend joining a guild and working together with others - you will have an easier time like that.

If you have any futher questions, feel free to hit me up
    [-S-]Erza on IRC
  4. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Welcome to UOR
    UOR is best bro
    Kiryana likes this.
  5. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Welcome, enjoy ;)
  6. Vincent Blackshadow

Vincent Blackshadow Well-Known Member

Welcome to UOR,

You need to be at skill cap in order to use camping to raise stats. Stats move much faster at lower skill level. At skill cap with camping set up arrow at 0 (real skill) and a big pile of kindling and a macro your stats will fly up as camping will not increase.

Yes, you can full afk bulls to GM though you may pick up a few deaths along the way depending on how you do it. If you keep your STR locked at 10 when you get to 68 taming you can camp your STR up and jump to bulls.

Good luck.
    Kiryana likes this.
  7. Gavyn Lughna

Gavyn Lughna Member

Welcome to UO:R, I hope you love it like the rest of us do. Hope to see you in game!