Griefing

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by JimmyTheHand, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

This thread is griefing me :(
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  2. Brick

Brick Member

I called you a bad thief because you're ......a bad thief; and I've witnessed it in game. You don't even stealth into a house you want to rob you just run inside apparently, not the first to do that either. I've also seen you chase people around Ocllo, including my various alts that had nothing on them(highly obvious if you looked at my char's titles). That and considering you've never been able to drive-by steal stuff(a basic skill thieves pick up in... less than a week?)makes me think you're not a great thief. And if you're not good at a class that was made to grief people, what exactly do you know about griefing?

Tell you what, go find Belan the Looter and say what you said to me. He'd laugh all the way to the bank.

edit: Here's a funny reply from my old forum of a guy's thoughts on exactly what you think isn't griefing:

"I've never even played UO before, but having read all these many times before I have to say that Belan is probably the biggest griefer of all time.

There's nothing like stealing peoples gear then offering to sell it back to them at 50% of the actual cost as part of the looter's code."

He was right, there is nothing like that in other mmos in terms of griefing. There never will be either, because the grief it caused in this one game showed game devs systems like that can't really exist without encouraging that kind of gameplay.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

If this thread gets locked for griefing the OP, I'm going to eat my f*cking hat.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  4. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Im really just not sure why you decided to get all puff chested at me? Ive never claimed to be the greatest thief, the only one implying a "mine is bigger" kinda deal is you buddy. Chill.
  5. Brick

Brick Member

It was based off your earlier comment, where you specifically disagreed with blackmailing someone being a griefing tactic.

People have gotten a bit comfortable with just accepting their fate, I think. Like some guy utterly abuses you, steals your stuff, and then after all this you pay them. You're paying them to mess with you. You just paid someone to waste your time.

To a griefer; that is absolutely glorious. I don't need someone to go insane for it to be entertaining or worthwhile, some of the best griefing I ever saw costed nothing and gained nothing(of particular value in game). I just find it funny a couple of thieves keep saying "naw what I'm doing isn't griefing because i enjoy it okay also 90s game mechanics haha!".
    Azerothian likes this.
  6. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You're kidding right? Why would I chase anyone at Occlo? Seriously, I do not chase people, people chase me. You're just inventing facts to make your e-peen seem much larger than it is.

This comment really shows that you have no idea what is going on in this game outside of your little fantasy.
    O'Malley and El Horno like this.
  7. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

He constantly does this, both here and in IRC. I'm 100% sure he has inadequacy issues IRL.
    It seems fairly obvious. That or he's 12.