Group taming training session

Discussion in 'Project Sanctuary [P'S]' started by Airin, May 24, 2017.

1. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

This is only for PS members.

Hi,

wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a group session for training taming. Benefits are faster skill gain and relative safety from PKs.

I have one GM tamer, and want to train two more. It would mean gating a large amount of bulls into a house and then we should all tame and share the re-tames. I could do it alone, but I think other tamers could benefit from the re-tames and it will be more fun with a group . We could also use toads or ostards for tamers closer to GM.

The way I do it is semi-afk, I target a bull manually, and then run a macro to tame last target, after a while I check on it and switch to a new bull if needed. Not sure if it is possible to be done completely afk.

All participants will need to be at 71,1 shown skill in taming minimum. Ideal would be to get some tamers that need fresh bulls and then some for every re-tame. My GM tamer can fill in for a re-tame step if needed.
    At 71,1 you will be providing bulls for others, after 77,1 you will get pre-tamed bulls to speed up your own gain.

All PS members are invited, people from outside of the guild only if someone from PS will vouch you.

I just started my 2nd tamer, so I first need to get her to 71,1 skill. Lets see if anyone is interested and then we can start talking about the date.
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Lord Krake likes this.
  2. Vortex

Vortex Well-Known Member

I think you can do it completely afk (until you tame all 8 bulls) with a macro that targets closest gray. If you stand close to the group of the bulls designated for you skill level it will keep taming all the gray ones and will skip the blue you tamed. This way you only need to attend it to release the bulls when you hit the follower limit.

As for the idea. I second this and will help gate new bulls. I would advise not to disclose the location of the event here, as I had 2 players destroy an event like that with bunch of earthquake spells.
    Airin likes this.
  3. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Thanks Vortex! I know taming can be done afk, but I didn't realize it can be used for this situation. In this case I need the people to rename and release the bull for someone else to use. Perhaps we could do 1 corner for 2st retame, one for 3rd and so on. So a person could be afk for lets say 30min, then rename, take to next corner and release all. Would be great!
    And thanks for volunteering to bring in bulls! If we get more people training I am sure we will need a ton of them :D
    Romru likes this.
  4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Count me in! Death by Stereo is around 83 taming, and it's been slooooow.
    Airin likes this.
  5. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Ok, great!
  6. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Anyone else wants to join? I have both tamers on bulls now, so we could start soon :)
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  7. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

I'd love to but I'm not at 71.1 yet and don't know anyone in PS. :(
  8. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

9. Felix Jaegar

Felix Jaegar Member

I could help with retames, although not looking to make a third tamer yet lol
  10. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer @Felix Jaegar ! If we get a lot of tamers and they start running out of new bulls I will welcome all the help :).
  11. Icewalker

Icewalker Active Member

Hey Airin, I can help I have 2 tamers done but I have a third tamer just about to hit 71.1
    Airin likes this.
  12. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Thanks @Icewalker , would be great if could gate your bulls in and release on roof, so I could use them, and after 77,1 I can do the same for you :). i am still on 3rd retames, which I can do myself, but any higher, would be great to re-use your bulls.

I actually though there would be more people interested, but we will see
  13. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Damn nice - I can train my Ozzie... ;)

Well later on at least, when I got something better to train :)
  14. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

Hi @Pekka, sorry I was probably not clear. This is not for pet training, but for training taming skill on characters. If you want to train your ostard, you need a shadow elemental in PS Training Keep.
  15. Kirby

Kirby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

@Airin sorry never contacted you about this. I haven't been very active the last couple days. Where is this located?
  16. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

Ahhh. Well I am a bit confused or rather was. :)

Of Course I am interested. :) I am 92.4 and 90.7 real right now, taming in Del for the moment.
    Airin likes this.
  17. Soma Holiday

Soma Holiday Active Member

Just hit 81 shown today! Any thoughts on when the date of this might be?
  18. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

I will send you a message, Soma Holiday.

For everyone else interested, write here or contact me on IRC for details.
  19. Shosara

Shosara Active Member

Would love to join but i am not 71.1 yet, will let you know once i hit it if that's alright ;)
    Airin likes this.
  20. Airin

Airin Well-Known Member

@Shosara - are you in PS? Don't remember meeting you. This is a guild only type of activity for now. If you are not in PS, I could still help pretame some bulls for you, when you get higher