Guard Commander Quest: Cove Orc Beatdown

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Ragar, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Ragar

Ragar Active Member

The day started as many days do for Ragar Truesword...with him trying to sleep and someone banging on the door. This time it was Catalin.

"Wake up Ragar! We need to go on a patrol !!!" Catalin seemed extremely energetic for so early in the .... afternoon. I did not feel that he would just go away.

Upon coming downstairs it was obvious that Catalin was eager to go...to do something...perhaps to slay something large or vast amounts of smaller creatures. Who could say? Catalin being the captain of the Paws guards I told him I would meet him at the tower and began to grab my things.

Upon reaching the tower it was clear the Paws captain had been busy. There were probaby a half dozen to ten men and women standing around, weapon in hand.

"Oh lord its another...."

"PAWS MILITIA!" cheerfully answered Catalin. "I'm getting them coordinated now. I'm quite sure this group will fare quite well". The implication was better than our last group. It didn't matter. Paws recruits don't have the best life expectancy...yet they are always eager to fight. Who am I to refuse them?

Once organized we set off.

[​IMG]

Where to? We weren't exactly sure....but we have a strong sense of duty and knew we would find somewhere that we were needed shortly.

Or not.

[​IMG]

We found a nice little taven in old Paws. We weren't pleased that cattle was allowed to roam near where food was prepared but that didn't stop us from eating and drinking a bit. Can't fight evil with low morale after all.

Somehow we ended up in Occlo where we discovered it was... Canada day. Canada day is where you dress like a jester and....well that seemed about it. Still, we were given complimentary outfits and so wore them for a time in honor of Canada...which Catalin believed was a type of tree. *shrugs*

[​IMG]

From there the Dungeon Fairy so kindly gated us to Yew and we made our way east to the Bloody Plains. We decided we would stop by Cero's Watchtower and pick up a task there. Along the way we ran into Vandalin. He happened to be carrying a large axe and was eager to join us in killing things dispensing justice outside of city limits.

We arrived at the Watchtower and purchased a quest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That sounded like good times to us, so the three of us and our militia made our way south to Cove. It was an uneventful trip but upon reaching Cove we encountered another adventurer. His name was Crimson. Once we explained that we needed to help the people of Cove he was on board.

[​IMG]

So our large army descended upon the orcs of Cove. They were arrogant as always and none of them were manning thier towers or defenses. We cut through them like a hot knife through butter. Although one militia member did fall when he got a little brave and found himself isolated from assistance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point the quest was fulfilled, but we were not. We had to avenge .... whats his name...and the orcs didn't really cut it. Catalin, channeling his inner Jupiter, decided that we should attack the White Wyrms that dwelled in the dungeon called Ice. Sounded like a good plan to us, so we set off.

We didn't get far when we ran into another fellow. Michael Blade. People were just popping up left and right today. Maybe it has something to do with Canada Day, I don't know. Either way attacking White Wyrms with a bunch of strangers sounded like a strong tactical decision to this guy...and so we were now five strong. Oh yeah, plus the valuable Paws Militia. The Paws cafeteria would be serving dragon burgers tonight!

[​IMG]

Nothing could stop us now. There is no time to delay! GET READY DRAGONS HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!

wait.... who's that?

[​IMG]

Why it's Paddy O'Brian, the Mayor of Cove! I wonder if he'll join us in our quest...

Or just sell us alcohol. Oh well, the dragons can wait.

[​IMG]

After drinking for some time someone said something about dragons and we were all like...right... kill the dragons! RAAAAWWRR! We were all fired up. Luckily the militia who Catalin refused to let drink... I mean they were on the job after all ... were in good shape and helped us back onto our horses and on our way.

Ice was cold (imagine that) and unwelcoming....but we fought our way inside with some haste. Everyone was anticipating the end of the hunt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We ran through Ice almost as easily as the Cove Orc Fort....but in the end we lost two more militia. Vandalin left somewhere there. I had to take my leave as well and as I rode off Catalin, Michael, and Crimson ran off to slay Ice demons or some other nonsense. I'm not sure how the night ended...but I'm not sure Catalin was going to stop until rendered unconscious...via violence or alcohol.

Either way, I went back to bed.

-- Ragar, Freeman of Paws.
  2. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Ragar! Excellent tale my friend! It seems the free folk of Paws are becoming regular members of the Guard, with all the work they are putting in and all. I am glad that the Village has a militia in times of need, and that they are getting regular practice!

The people of Cove will rejoice in hearing that the orcish threat has been pushed back for the time being. Always a threat those filthy scum are...I say the only good orc, is a dead one!

To test your militia against a beast as great as a white wyrm...amazing! The bards will great tales of Paws in every tavern.

A reward is due, I will send a messenger with coin in hand for the Village of Paws in hopes of linking up with you!

**Sorry for the delay in response, good ole America needed celebrating this weekend!
    Jupiter likes this.
  3. Ragar

Ragar Active Member

Lord Cero!

We need no payment but if you wish to make good on the contract I wont turn it away. You may find me or just add it to the gold pile in the main Paws tower at your convenience...which is where I will be depositing it as it was a 'Paws Adventure' (tm).
    Cero and Jupiter like this.